“Budget Friendly”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Austin
Swansea, Massachusetts
“Budget Friendly”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff is great and service was great. Very comfortable stay...rooms clean and neat. Beds very comfy...wonderful pillows!!! Did not hear any noise from the parking lot or from other rooms. Receptionist very friendly and helpful.....we will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dimpuexplorer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I came to Austin on business in March of 2011 and will be staying here again in March 2012. The owners were VERY nice. I had a great room - with a hot tub. Very spacious. My room was clean and as a female business traveler, felt VERY safe staying here. Keyed entry door 'after-hours' and all rooms are electronic keyed as well. Room had a Microwave & refrigerator. This is right off of I90. I always bring ear plugs to ANY hotel I stay at (lesson learned years ago when staying at a 5 Star hotel who put me directly across from the ice machine/vending area that was used at all hours!). Never heard any freeway noise using the ear plugs. The breakfast choices are rather bare-bones. But as another person said, it's fine for the 'get something in your stomach' before you leave in the morning. There are plenty of restaurants & fast-food places around if you decide not to have breakfast here. The bed was just fine from what I recall. No complaints. This place is great for the price. After working long days, all I need is place to crash & burn overnight. Using the hot tub in my room to soak away aches & pain was very nice. Target & other shopping is just 1 exit away.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor - my room faced I90 as I didn't want to deal with the noise of cars pu...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BusyMicheLady
rochester mn
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed there for 3 days nice big clean rooms, excellent front desk staff. worth every dollar spent . Highly recorded place. Great value

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mgalaria
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Driving across country, we stayed here for the night. Our standards are pretty basic-clean, affordable. We require no frills as our night stay is for rest and refreshing.

Now, with that background... We do NOT recommend this hotel.

Bathroom was unsatisfactory even for an inn that was $55 a night. Mold in the shower (fixtures and tub floor). Porcelain of the toliet was stripped or it might have been just plain dirty in the grooves. We asked for another towel and got the third degree about why we needed it and how many people were staying in our single bed room.

Turned up the temp on the AC unit and set off the fire alarm.

Oddly, it was a pretty large inn and only a few cars in the lot-- why they gave us this room over others is beyond me.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank ke301

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed July 12, 2011

While on our honeymoon traveling west, we needed a place to stop that was somewhere in MN. At first I looked at Albert Lea because it is much bigger than Austin. But I found this hotel on TA and was happy we picked it.

If you are expecting a 4 star hotel, then you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a hot breakfast, then you will be disappointed. If you are looking for wicked fast WiFi, then you will be disappointed. However, if you are looking for a decent stop for the night on a long journey to wherever you are headed, consider this place.

The gentleman at the front counter was very friendly and accommodating and got us a room close to our car. The room wasn't anything to write home about but it was clean, well stocked and good enough for us. And for the price you pay ($55/night) you can't really beat it.

I really think the people that had negative reviews were expecting the Hilton which of course this is not. But it is also not a dump either.

Room Tip: Breakfast is very minimal and has a small-town feeling. WiFi is not fast but works
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nelagster
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed at the Country Side Inn in Austin, MN last night after driving 12 hours. TV didn't work, roomed smelled, shower had very low pressure, called the front desk about it all and got the blow off. Not much for breakfast either.... won't stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ebd10
Austin, MN
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Clean Large Rooms and a Comfortable stay. The hotel is a bit old looking outside but is a charm inside. Great service and a pleasant stay while i had construction done to my home. Bathroom was roomy and clean and breakfast was ok.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MNTraveler54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 10 in Albert Lea
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albert Lea

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!