“Great Find”

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Riley, Kansas
“Great Find”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Old Mill is definitely off the beaten path. Beautiful views of the Dam. They have delicious food that is something different. Great for a date night or even for business. There is a lot of history with this restaurant. This restaurant is a must if you are wanting something different.

• Visited December 2011

Edwards, Colorado
“Another Great Find that we'll return to !”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Found this place and stopped in on our way through town. What a unique place to go ! We had read about the 'supper club' feel of the restaurant and therefore decided to try it out. Would not exactly call it 'supper club' atmosphere but rather a very special location that you must try out at least once. It's history is well preserved with the current owner and Chef. The food is excellant and most all the other patrons were return guests that cannot stop raving about it. On my next trip,...it's all about Prime Rib for me ! When I saw the prime rib I had wished my order had not been submitted already. Lynda our server and bartender was so hospitable. She had offered us a historic tour of the property and makes the best Grasshoppers !

• Visited October 2012
Austin, Minnesota
“Lovely historic restaurant with good food and a wine cellar”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Old Mill is my favorite restaurant in Austin, Minnesota. A table near a window offers a view of the Ramsey Dam, and you may see the owl who lives in a tree at the edge of the waterfall. The newly re-decorated wine cellar offers a special atmosphere for a group.

Since Austin is my hometown, I always go there for special occasions.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank JudiAustin_Minnesota
Chicago, Illinois
“What a find!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We made it to Austin, MN after driving from Mt. Rushmore and stopped for the night. My AAA book suggested The Old Mill Restaurant which was only a few miles from the interstate where our hotel was. It was fabulous. An old time supper club feel, but the restaurant is well maintained, sits along a river with a dam for a beautiful view, has great food, and the staff is wonderful.

• Visited September 2012