“My favorite Mexican restaurant in the twin cities”
Review of El Azteca

El Azteca
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Apple Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“My favorite Mexican restaurant in the twin cities”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My family and I eat here once or twice each month and have never had a bad meal. We especially like the white sauce they bring you with the chips when you arrive. Not sure what it is made from, but it is a hit and greatly loved by all.

The original interior design of the restaurant is very nicely thought out and inviting to the patrons. The new addition has less of a homey feel to it but helped to reduce the crowding which occurs on Friday and Saturday nights in Apple Valley, Wait time is usually fairly short even during the biggest of rushes. An alternative is take out, which is also offered for any of their meals and is available through a call in or placing at the restaurant.

Meal portions are large enough, so desert as delicious as it may be, is usually out of the question.

My favor meal is the Burrito Chicken Chipotle and at $10.99 is a great price. Not a fan of the black beans (side dish), not because they are not good, I just do not like black beans. My wife the true experimenter in our family has had several of their meals and has been delighted by most if not all.

Not sure, come eat with us, we will save you a chair.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Larry S

“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This is the best Mexican in Apple valley. The hand made guacamole is a must. It's fresh and made right at your table

1 Thank Scott H
Laporte
“Great Food, service and atmosphere!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The price was great! The food was perfect!! The drinks were amazing!! The server went out of his way with us. I love going here!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lauren A
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Great Food Fast Service”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I shouldn't mention this place since I like to come here on busy nights - don't need it to get busier.
They serve warm chips with two different types of salsa. They have a value combo menu that is relatively cheap. You can get a lot of different things that look delicious as they go by when they serve someone.
Sometimes you don't get enough time to eat all the chips before your food order comes.
They have a super large margarita, it might be 32 ounces in a huge over sized margarita glass. They have Mexican beer on tap. The staff is always very friendly.
The bill is relatively modest and you are very full when you leave.
It can be hard to find a close parking spot on Friday and Saturday night.
Located in small strip mall in Home Depot's parking lot.

Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Minnesota Mexican!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We go here quite often and have never been disappointed. I see complaints about staff - I think some of these folks are straight from across the border. Nothing wrong with that, some just don't understand English well enough. My wife lives the white chip sauce. I can't get enough of the green hot salsa - if you like hot ask for it as you won't be disappointed (I'm not talking about the stuff in the jar at your table either).

Burrito Monterey, enchiladas, fajitas are all awesome! Only complaint on anything would be the chili rejinno. I've never had a good one in MN.....

Go here if you want good casual Mexican Food at reasonable price. And get that green hot salsa!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank HolaSeniorNacho

Been to El Azteca? Share your experiences!