“Pretty dang good.”

Ranked #13 of 76 Restaurants in Apple Valley
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Second trip to the Crooked Pint. Our first trip the restaurant was quite busy on a Saturday night. The service was a little on the slow side but over all we were happy with it. The food was great! Second trip there on a week night was a little more relaxed and quite. The burgers were great, the stuffed tater tots were out of this world! We also had onion rings and were a little grossed out when we went to dunk them in the ketchup. There was a skin across the top of it. I think they fill them and leave them sitting out on the hot top.

We will be back again. Great food, great staff. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have been trying to eat here since they opened earlier this year, but the wait was always long. This time at 9:30 on a Saturday night, we were seated immediately. Their Tall Boy beers for $3.50 and $4 are a great value, but felt the $11 burger was a little steep. They have an interesting menu, with many Juicy Lucy burgers....however, no regular Juicy Lucy. Also, I don't know that they even had just a regular burger? I had the JL with Beer Cheese, onion straws, and bacon on a pretzel roll. It was good, but not great. I had forgotten to order my fries a little crispy, but they were ok on the crispiness, but tasted like they had been under a heat lamp for awhile. I will eat here again, but I was hoping this would be a place that i would want to come back to again really soon, which it didn't. We need this kind of restaurant in this part of the city, so i hope they succeed. Our server, Kasey, was very pleasant and did a great job. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very nice, but wish they would have had more than 4 tables out on their patio....which appeared to have been able to fit at least another 4.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

It was our first time at this restaurant. I had a Rachel served with roasted corn and coleslaw and my husband had a pot roast sandwich with tater tots. We both were very satisfied with the food. The portions were generous. My husband enjoyed an Alaskan Amber from their extensive beer/wine list. Our server, Maria, went out of her way to make sure we were happy with our choices. She brought my husband a sample of a beer for him to try and also asked a bartender what might be a good choice of beer for him. She also brought a sample of chili for us to try and made sure my water glass was full. We ate there at 1:15 on a Sunday afternoon. It was a nice sunny day and they had the roof open which gave you the feel of being outside while still being inside.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We've eaten here twice. On our first visit I ordered the Cajun burger with fries and the second visit I had the walleye sandwich with sweet corn (loose, not on the cob). Both of my sandwiches were quite bland in taste and flavor, and for the $11 & $13 price paid (respectively), I'm disappointed with their food. My wife on both visits ordered the hot lips Lucy burger with fries (spicy & stuffed with cheese) and she expressed disappointment with blandness as well.

They also serve their food in a plastic basket, which is separated by just a thin sheet of waxed paper. While eating the moist loose corn, I noticed it was very chewy. Turns out the wax paper was deteriorating in very small pieces and adhering to the corn while I was scooping with the spoon. This situation also exposed the corn to sit on the plastic basket, which made me wonder about the cleanliness of the baskets and exposure to ???.

Two poor experiences may not indicate a trend, but I suggest that you consider pursuing other dining options.

3  Thank G B
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was super excited to try the Crooked Pint maybe more for the beer selection than the food. The wait was average 25 minutes at 5 o'clock on a Sunday, but the paging system was kinda cool. You could see the progression of the wait list and shows how long you've been waiting. The waitress was friendly and service was overall pretty good. The tap beer selections were better than average for this part of town. The food was just ok. My fish was great, the chips were solid, soggy and just warm. The pesto chicken salad was better concept than actuality. We were seated under a speaker and couldn't hear a thing at our own table. The patio was a let down only a handful of tables and really wasted space. My hope is it gets better as time passes.

1  Thank BeachedGirl