“Wonderful lunch choices”
Review of Vivo Kitchen

Vivo Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Vivo Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Apple Valley
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: "In a home, the kitchen is the spot where families gather, parties migrate, and food draws friends around. That's also the spirit of Vivo kitchen: we are a place to come as you are. We use local, seasonal ingredients to prepare food that's delicious without being mysterious. Vivo translates as "life" - and that is what we want every guest to experience to the fullest. We look you in the eyes, care for you personally, and make you feel as welcome as if you are in our home. Because, for us, a kitchen is the heart of a home - and great hospitality is the heartbeat."
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful lunch choices”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I went to Vivo for lunch with a friend. I had eaten at the previous restaurant, Enjoy, and was sad when they left. The interior is just beautiful, and there are big windows to enjoy the view in some areas. I loved that there are two prices by some of the items, such as pasta and salads. You can get a smaller portion so that you can also get a smaller portion of a salad or soup. I had the butternut squash ravioli, it was wonderful and so fresh tasting. Our server was so helpful and friendly. We also shared the smaller portion of the parmesan shrimp, and it was delicious with and without the lemon aioli or the cocktail sauce. The shrimp was done perfectly, not rubbery at all. We also split the sticky pudding cake, and it was also delicious. We were told they have a pastry chef onsite, and it was evident. I am very excited to go back soon!

• Visited May 2014

Lakeville, Minnesota
“Good brunch”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We visited vivo on a Sunday morning for their brunch. There were 4 adults, 2 three year old and a toddler. The food was really good and something to please everyone. They had your typical breakfast food as well as 2 meat carving stations, a risotto bar, lunch type items and desserts. The interior is nice, almost fancy, but they didn't judge us when we showed up our jeans and yoga attire. Price wasn't outrageous, but it wasn't cheap. I think it was $17 a person.
All and all we enjoyed our brunch and will be back for dinner.

San Diego, California
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My family was at Vivo on a Monday evening to celebrate my birthday. After reading several reviews and assuming that we would have an outstanding dining experience, we were all let down by the extremely slow service and loud noise throughout most of the meal. Even though it was a Monday early evening, and the restaurant was only average-busy, we waited a long time for our food. Our server was very attentive and served us well, but the orders were slow in coming. The open areas produced loud noise from the bar area. Since there is no carpeting or other means to control noise, expect that level of sound. It was difficult to hear each other across a table for six. Our choices (mostly Italian dishes) were delicious. There are so many wonderful restaurants to choose from that we would not go back to Vivo.

• Visited May 2014
Minnesota
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Hubby and I had dinner here on Saturday night. The restaurant was very busy...a good sign! The sea bass and salmon were both excellent ... very fresh and cooked to perfection. Service was attentive and friendly. The chocolate molten cake was the perfect ending to a great meal. Welcome to the neighborhood, Vivo!

Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My family and I were here on a week night and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We had been to the previous occupant (enjoy) a few times and really didn't care for the food - We were more then pleasantly surprised with the food at Vivo. I had the heirloom salad which was superb! It was perfectly seasoned, very fresh and made with quality ingredients. Honestly this is one of the best salads I have had. I added a chicken breast and didn't need to, the salad was terrific on it's own. I appreciate that most of the items on the menu including this salad are offered in small and large portions, I like this option. My husband ordered a burger, which I think is always a bit risky at a restaurant in the burbs (i.e. frozen, lifeless patty). My husband thought it was a very well made, high quality burger - we travel often and eat out a lot, and this burger was also one of the best my husband has had at a restaurant. Our 2 year old son was with and loved the crusty bread served prior to the meal and enjoyed his typical chicken strip meal (I appreciated it wasn't over breaded and contained actual chicken). We look forward to returning and will likely come for the Sunday brunch with the bloody mary bar. Thanks for coming to Apple Valley Vivo!

• Visited April 2014