“Excellent!”
Review of Vivo Kitchen

Vivo Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Vivo Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Apple Valley
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: "In a home, the kitchen is the spot where families gather, parties migrate, and food draws friends around. That's also the spirit of Vivo kitchen: we are a place to come as you are. We use local, seasonal ingredients to prepare food that's delicious without being mysterious. Vivo translates as "life" - and that is what we want every guest to experience to the fullest. We look you in the eyes, care for you personally, and make you feel as welcome as if you are in our home. Because, for us, a kitchen is the heart of a home - and great hospitality is the heartbeat."
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Hubby and I had dinner here on Saturday night. The restaurant was very busy...a good sign! The sea bass and salmon were both excellent ... very fresh and cooked to perfection. Service was attentive and friendly. The chocolate molten cake was the perfect ending to a great meal. Welcome to the neighborhood, Vivo!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My family and I were here on a week night and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We had been to the previous occupant (enjoy) a few times and really didn't care for the food - We were more then pleasantly surprised with the food at Vivo. I had the heirloom salad which was superb! It was perfectly seasoned, very fresh and made with quality ingredients. Honestly this is one of the best salads I have had. I added a chicken breast and didn't need to, the salad was terrific on it's own. I appreciate that most of the items on the menu including this salad are offered in small and large portions, I like this option. My husband ordered a burger, which I think is always a bit risky at a restaurant in the burbs (i.e. frozen, lifeless patty). My husband thought it was a very well made, high quality burger - we travel often and eat out a lot, and this burger was also one of the best my husband has had at a restaurant. Our 2 year old son was with and loved the crusty bread served prior to the meal and enjoyed his typical chicken strip meal (I appreciated it wasn't over breaded and contained actual chicken). We look forward to returning and will likely come for the Sunday brunch with the bloody mary bar. Thanks for coming to Apple Valley Vivo!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I took my parents for lunch Saturday afternoon, everything was perfect. Not often that any meal experience would be perfect, this was. Our server was a young lady named Kayla, she was beyond a 'waitress', she was a treat, caring and professional. The food was wonderful, again, everyone had nothing but rave reviews all evening. Thank you for a wonderful birthday afternoon that won't be soon forgotten. We had been to the former Enjoy and this was even better.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with friends one of whom is allergic to blue cheese and her husband didn't like how blue cheese tasted. So they each ordered a salad without blue cheese. Guess what, they both came with blue cheese. They were both sent back and new salads were returned without blue cheese. Ya think? Not. Evidently they made fresh salads but mixed it in a bowl that was used to mix other salads with blue cheese and they didn't bother to clean the mixing bowl. The salads were retuned once again before they got it right.
Now, and this is what was appalling to me and downright rude. While taking our food order, our waiter was "buzzed" and had to excuse himself so he could deliver an order to another table, before he finished taking our order. In all my years of eating in restaurants ranging from The Waffle House to some of the best restaurants in the world, this has never happened. When queried, our waiter responded that is how he was trained and that is how they do things there.
Somewhat less annoying was continually being interrupted to fill my water glass and to scrape the crumbs in front of me into a bowl. I wasn't asked if I wanted more water, he just reached in front of me to fill my glass.
In any case, the salmon was good.
Oh, one other observation, the restaurant was so noisy that is was difficult to have a conversation.
I probably won't be back. Not what I'd expect from an upscale restaurant.

2  Thank mah7925
Vivo_Kitchen_MN, Manager at Vivo Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We are glad you came to visit us and happy you enjoyed the food after the bleu cheese fiasco. Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the service, we welcome comments to help us improve as a young restaurant. Our #1 priority is getting hot food to the table as soon as it becomes ready in the kitchen and our employees wear pagers so the kitchen can alert them when their guests' food is ready. We train our staff to politely excuse themselves from whatever they are doing when the kitchen pages them so that the food is hot when it hits the table, and they would extend you the same service when your food becomes ready if they are at another table. Perhaps your server could have worded the need to excuse themselves more politely for which we apologize. I would like to personally welcome you back to give us another chance and welcome your feedback.

Jeremiah

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I had a date night here last Saturday night (no kids with us). We shared the Ahi Tuna Crisps and the Rocket Salad for our appetizer. Both were fabulous. We each had the Pomelo margarita and liked that too. For our main course we split the Wild Mushroom Flat Bread and the Squash Ravioli. I didn't love the flatbread - the truffle oil was not my favorite (too strong of a smell). The Squash Ravioli was great though. For dessert, our waitress recommended the berry cobbler. It was also delicious. Our waitress was very helpful. I liked how they redid the inside (since it used to be Enjoy). We had a great experience and will be back. In fact, I am craving the Ahi Tuna Crisps, the salad and the margarita already. Happy hour sometime soon maybe?

Thank you, can't wait to have you back for happy hour!