“Great neighborhood bar and eatery”
Review of Valley Tap House - CLOSED

Valley Tap House
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family have had dinners and drinks and here several times through the summer, enjoying the outdoor patio and the tables indoors. On a recent visit we had dinners of burgers, soups and appetizers. My son enjoyed the "Blistered Hipster", a burger that packed a lot of heat, the "Flight of Sliders" is my favorite with pit pork, sloppy turkey and a black bean veggie each topped with their own special condiments. The variety in the menu sets it apart from other casual bars and restaurants south of the river, with dishes such as roasted beet salad, beer mussels, and pit beef sandwiches with horseradish sauce.
I usually sample a different tap beer here with my food--one of the 30 they have to offer.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were going to a different place adjacent to this but decided to try this instead. The decor of the place is nothing special, but I don't really care. Our sandwiches were amazing, and the pizza was good too. The selection of beer is wide, and I hope this place makes it because I won't know where else to go to get my new favorite beer: Boulevard Wheat.

I went back on a subsequent visit and the beer was just as good, but I had the Philly sandwich this time and it was just ok, not nearly as fun and flavorful as the Cuban I had the time before. The fries are awesome.

I will keep going back.

My only complaint was the server. She took forever to get our drinks, never followed up to ask how our food was, we had to go to a different table to get more ketchup because she was nowhere to be seen, and she never followed up on refills. All basic tenets of being a server. No tip for her. On my next solo visit I sat at the bar and had excellent service.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Second time I have been to AV Tap House, the first a Sunday for early lunch and now on a Friday night.

Too loud of a room in dining area to enjoy conversation with person across table. All I could hear was the cackle of the woman behind me and the ones across from us - and they weren't speaking that loudly!

Food okay - buns too large - why? Anyone's mouth really fit around a huge bun for a sandwich or burger. Fries were good. Cold beer.

Service - okay not great. Watched the bus boy wash tables and everything went on floor and rag was never washed out or no spray used on tables - hmmmm pretty clean huh? Gave me some thoughts about our own table.

Probably won't go back unless it is to sit outside at patio.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Have been here twice. Brunch menu has nice & interesting variety for under $10. Lunch & dinner is mostly sandwiches. Large group one time here - decent but not noteworthy was the consensus. Great tap beer selection, by type on menu, with several local options.

Big outdoor area looked nice.

Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Good menu selection, great flavor, but..,.there is some strong heat to their food. I don't mind spicy, but be warned...their chili is extremely spicy. It leaves a burn in your mouth well after a few bites of other food to cool it down. The nice part about their barbecue is that it's not the old traditional ketchup type of sauce. Well worth a try!