“Visit anytime of year”
Review of Minnesota Zoo

Minnesota Zoo
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Living in Minnesota, it's a great place to visit even in the Winter months. Most of the exhibits give visitors a very closeup view of the animals. The grizzley, and penguin exhibits are awesome. The tropics makes you feel like you are actually there. If you get there early in the day you can hear the howling monkeys. I recommend visiting this zoo.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've been going to the Minnesota Zoo my entire life and have always loved it, but after taking a few classes in the zoo with my school (School of Environmental Studies), I've learned to appreciate and realize just how much work this zoo puts into conservation, education, and the well being of their animals. I've seen complaints here about the cost and how the Como Zoo (a zoo in St. Paul) is free, but with the Minnesota Zoo, you are truly paying for the quality. Exhibits mimic the animals' wild habitats beautifully, and this leads to animals that are visibly happier and much more stimulated and active than those at other zoos that may cost less. With great walking trails, both indoor and outdoor exhibits, activities like the bird show, and a gorgeous array of animals (not to mention a very unique Minnesota Trail that shows us our native animal that we may not see too often, a personal favorite of mine), the Minnesota Zoo is one for the books.

1  Thank Sophie W
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our annual trip to this zoo is always great. So much to do and see. It is always so clean and help is always right around the corner. The aquarium is so big and great-the bubbles as especially fun to sit in with the kids to feel as though you are in with water with the fish. Put on your walking shoes there is so much to see.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I love this zoo! Walking, hiking or strolling see many animals from paths in there own environment. Open year round both indoor and outdoor, great place to burn your childrens extra energy! Bring your own food or eat at one of many places in there food court. Great gifts shops with a big variety of items. I miss the dolphins but there is never a lack of animals! Go see, do and experience the great Minnesota Zoo.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

As we walked into the zoo my newly potty trained daughter needed to use the bathroom. While I was handing the cashier money my wife tried to take my daughter to the bathroom. The cashier stopped them and said they could not go in until the paid. My wife pleaded with her to use the rest room as my daughter was about to go in her pants--mind you I was handing her cash at the sametime. That first impression stuck with us all day. As for the zoo itself--very little to see during the winter. Try the aquarium instead at the Mall of America.

1  Thank Auddy