“A typical Imax”

70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A typical Imax”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The theater was like any other Imax. We saw the Lemur's of Madagascar in 3D which was done very well although some of the stories theories seemed a little far fetched. Overall, not bad at all

Visited August 2014

La Crosse, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Movie watching supreme ”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This theater is gigantic. Huge and a lot of seating. I am not much into 3D movies, However I saw Transformers: Age of Extinction in 3D and it was beautiful. Stop by the theater after a great day at the zoo. Make sure to get a spot right in the center and please, don't bring young kids if they are going to talk.

1 Thank BlondeItalian
Virginia, Minnesota
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Get the big picture!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

This theatre was so clean. That is a huge plus in my book . There usually tends to be a line for a movie but in bigger cities that is expected which no big deal they have things to do while wait. They also have a gift shop that I loved definitely more things for kids but it keeps the young ones occupied! Beautiful theatre ,wonderful staff, great place to go

Visited December 2013
MN
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Really nice~!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We are so lucky to have the IMAX so very close to home~! There is nothing like seeing a movie on that big screen, except in 3D~! Our family has been enjoying it for years~!!

Visited October 2013
Plymouth, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Facility - Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Took my wife to the zoo and surprised her with a great IMAX movie. We decided the facilities were worth the long drive to see certain additional movies such as action movies where it really makes a difference. We decided to go see Star Trek: Into Darkness when it came out.

I started fine, but about 20 minutes in the audio started to loop. Once the theatre staff finally realized it, they stopped the movie. No one told us what was going on. A few minutes later, they began playing the movie again without audio, still no word what was happening. After seeing the next 20-30 minutes of the movie without audio (effectively ruining that portion of the movie) they finally turned it off. That was the first time anything was said to us in the theatre.

Apparently, they only have one person who can fix technical problems (really?) and he wasn't there that day. We then had two choices: we can get a refund for the movie (which they have already partially ruined, or we could wait around for 3 hours for the next showing when they "assured" us that the problem would be fixed.

After another 45 minutes waiting in line for our refund, we finally got to the window. There, I spoke my peace. My first statement had to do with the gigantic waste of time. Next was that they ruined a large portion of the movie for everyone by playing it without audio (knowing that they didn't have anyone who could fix it). Instead, they decided to act like monkeys with a computer trying to figure it out by mashing buttons. Third, their customer service wasn't good enough to try and make their mistake right. With all the problems they caused, they should have done more than just tell you that you get what you paid for, or you get your money back. Never mind the expensive gas used to get there. Never mind the $15 you spent on their ridiculously over-priced soda and popcorn. Never mind the huge waste of time. Never mind the effective ruining of a large portion of the movie. If a waitress screws up your order, they give you free drinks or desert. Not this place. They made no effort to make it right, and refused when called on their shoddy customer service. My final complaint was that they didn't offer their normal military discount ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND because it was a "special event." They guy I was talking to (the manager) interrupted me to tell me that they did. So why didn't I get it when I specifically asked??? At that point, I had spoken my peace and just took the token refund that they were offering (as inadequate as it was because I was not going to give them my money for a future showing which could be as equally screwed up). Then they tried to give me a refund at the military discounted rate, as opposed to the full price I had actually paid. Really guys? Oh yeah! And during this whole time, the bathrooms were out of order (yes, over an hour), so if you had to go, you can either pay for zoo admission to use theirs, or drive somewhere else for the bathroom, and come back for your refund.

I was pleased to see people in line for tickets leaving during this rant because I spared them from giving their money at a place which doesn't value the customer at all.

That was my experience. As for others, good luck if you pre-ordered your tickets online. Those folks had to just take the theatre's word for it that they would get a refund electronically. Those that got discounted tickets with zoo admission, only received the discounted price which would not get them tickets later, or at another theatre. So unless they had the time to wait around for the next showing that day, they effectively were not given discounted tickets with their zoo admission.

In the end, it's a great facility managed which is very poorly managed.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank gus637
tiger5, Manager at Great Clips IMAX Theatre, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I am so sorry that your experience here was anything less than great. This is certainly not how we strive to operate and I completely agree with you, that it was not handled properly. I would like to send you tickets to see another show here, if you're interested. If so, please provide your address so that I may do so ASAP. Thank you for taking time to bring this matter to my attention.