“Delicious food, but the place could use some work!”

Ramy's Mediterranean Cuisine and Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We went there for lunch and ordered the Philly stromboli, and the Veggie stromboli. DELICIOUS! The stromboli bread was some of the best I have ever had. I grew up making strombolis on the East Coast, and they were not any better than this! The servers were attentive and cheerful, and the prices were great. Now, the bad part...the place is a dump. I hope they will spend a few dollars to bring the appearance up to meet the food quality. If they do, this place would rate 5+ stars!

Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I were in Apple Valley for an appointment and had a coupon in the Happenings Book for Ramy's. We were very pleasantly surprised and pleased by the awesome food. I had a build-your-own stromboli and my husband had a gyro. The breading on the stromboli was simply amazing. It was lightly crispy on the the outside and wonderfully soft on the inside. The ingredients were very good (I had sausage for the meat.) The gyro was very large and had terrific flavor. We will definitely go back when we visit Apply Valley again.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Visited after seeing the #1 eating on Trip Advisor for Apple Valley, Mn.

Food: 2 Strombolis were nicely breaded. The meat inside was dry. The stromboli sauce was dreadful and cold. The kids speghetti was gross... Looked like noodles in a tomato soup.

Service: The business appears to be primarily take-out or deliver but we ate in-house. The cooks also serve the dining room and were pleasant and accommodating.

Atmosphere: brutal. There has been no effort put into renovating the place. The dining room consists of remnants from the old failed spanish/italian restaurant. They could have at least attempted to cover the nail holes and apply a fresh coat of paint (they are neighbors with a Hirshfields). Depressing.

Cleanliness: from the ordering station the kitchen looked like it needs a cleaning. Grill looked rough. Plastic bags lying on the floor. Menus were beaten up to the point where I did not want to handle them.

I wish there were more independent restaurants in the area, but this one needs wiork and is not deserving of the current TripAdvisor rating.

Will I Be Back: No.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Can't say enough good things about this place. We have a lot of pizza choice in the Cities, Punch, Luce, etc... it's going to take a lot more than that to get me to go anywhere else. Artichoke hearts here are too good. Stromboli and wraps... to DIE for. Pizza crust is nice and chewy in the middle and crispy on the edges, just the way I like. Sauces are low on salt, high on flavor.

If I HAD to make one criticism: The felafel, meh, could be better. I mean, it's billed as a Mediterranean place... but it's really the pizza doing the heavy lifting.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Being from NEW YORK and being Italian, this is the best pizza I have had since I lived in New York.... All of the food I have had there has been great. The Owner is a great guy and makes you feel like you are back in NYC. The only problem with the place is the name... Ramy's, they need to change the name to Bada Bing, Pizza to Wings...

1  Thank tnhoops