“Lazy on Atmosphere. Overall, Dissapointed.”

Ramy's Mediterranean Cuisine and Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Visited after seeing the #1 eating on Trip Advisor for Apple Valley, Mn.

Food: 2 Strombolis were nicely breaded. The meat inside was dry. The stromboli sauce was dreadful and cold. The kids speghetti was gross... Looked like noodles in a tomato soup.

Service: The business appears to be primarily take-out or deliver but we ate in-house. The cooks also serve the dining room and were pleasant and accommodating.

Atmosphere: brutal. There has been no effort put into renovating the place. The dining room consists of remnants from the old failed spanish/italian restaurant. They could have at least attempted to cover the nail holes and apply a fresh coat of paint (they are neighbors with a Hirshfields). Depressing.

Cleanliness: from the ordering station the kitchen looked like it needs a cleaning. Grill looked rough. Plastic bags lying on the floor. Menus were beaten up to the point where I did not want to handle them.

I wish there were more independent restaurants in the area, but this one needs wiork and is not deserving of the current TripAdvisor rating.

Will I Be Back: No.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Can't say enough good things about this place. We have a lot of pizza choice in the Cities, Punch, Luce, etc... it's going to take a lot more than that to get me to go anywhere else. Artichoke hearts here are too good. Stromboli and wraps... to DIE for. Pizza crust is nice and chewy in the middle and crispy on the edges, just the way I like. Sauces are low on salt, high on flavor.

If I HAD to make one criticism: The felafel, meh, could be better. I mean, it's billed as a Mediterranean place... but it's really the pizza doing the heavy lifting.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Being from NEW YORK and being Italian, this is the best pizza I have had since I lived in New York.... All of the food I have had there has been great. The Owner is a great guy and makes you feel like you are back in NYC. The only problem with the place is the name... Ramy's, they need to change the name to Bada Bing, Pizza to Wings...

1  Thank tnhoops
Reviewed July 25, 2011

For all the rave reviews, I have to confess disappointment: This is a semi-fast-food place in a strip mall. The pizza was good (although I ordered a medium and was given and paid for an XL instead), but the guy at the register made some frustrating errors.

1  Thank jetlagtraveler
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Amoung all the giant restaurant chains, one might ask, "where are those great little Mom and Pop places that serve really great food and reasonable prices?" You know, the kinds that Chicago is famous for. Well I'm here to tell you that Ramy's is just such a restaurant. And interesting blend of Mediterranean foods, from Greek to Italian to Mideastern, Ramy's has fused these foods into an interesting hybrid.

I had the gyro platter tonight, and the vegs were fresh and delicious, that rice interesting and tasty (Morocco influence I believe). My wife had the sausage calzone, which was good, not outstanding, but good. The staff made a mix-up on one of the orders, and immediately corrected it at no charge. The pizza at the next table looked amazing (that's what we are ordering next time). And all the prices very reasonable. Furthermore, I've heard that their Philly cheese steak is as good as you'll get in Philly!

You'll find Ramy's clean and comfortable for casual dinning. The atmosphere is fitting for this establishment. If you are like me and want to see great Mom and Pop restaurants survive in MN, go to Ramy's, you'll love the food and the prices, and you'll be supporting what MN needs more of, a great little Mom and Pop restaurant with interesting foods and great value.