“Major Ripoff for the comsumer”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked three room reservation for a family event for 10 people and the morning of the event I got a telephone call from the Hotel to confirm my reservation which I thought a bit odd...in the conversation the person mentioned my Two Reservations when I corrected and stated that it was three she told me that they had only two and no other rooms available...put me in a bad place with family of four now not having accomadations. American Inn offered me no solutions and asked me if I was cancel..I had no other choice but find accomadations else where which was a not easy task and to make matters whose the Hotel then charged me for the rooms..this hotel came highly recommeded to me but I felt they oversold their rooms and then charged me. I would be careful with this type of scam

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience with our hotel and hope that you will consider staying with us in the future. I would like to clarify for you and our future guests that your card was never charged. We authorize funds on all cards the day of arrival and this process will "hold" those funds for us prior to your check in.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Guess they are doing updates to the room. I don't think housekeeping knows how to clean toilets or bath tub faucets I was taking a bath and turned my head saw inside the toilet bowl and GROSS. There was also soap scum on the faucet in tub. Lesson- bring ur own comet. The pool was great really warm but comfortable the whirlpool is a nice size and loved the sauna because it was cold. We stayed two nights and on the first night they had vegetable soup in the lobby. Breakfast was ok might be better because they were remodeling the counter. Nice choice of coffees and teas but only available till coffee gets cold. The lobby was nice had a fireplace and tv with remotes so you could sit out there instead of room. Close to everything Walmart target tons if places. I'd go back but with comet and toilet brush in hand

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank blank44
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to apologize for the issues you discovered in the bathroom. I hope you do come back as I am certain you will be pleased with the cleanliness of your entire room. Yes, we are remodeling the guest rooms and have now completed an update to the breakfast which is now offering sausage and egg patties and biscuits and gravy!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times (4+) and this time we were so disappointed!! When we checked in, our bed coverings were covered in black dog hair and muddy foot prints. Our couch and chair were also covered in dog hair. We called the front desk and the front desk clerk brought us clean bed linens and a vacuum cleaner. He offered to make the bed for us, but we said we would do it ourselves. We vacuumed the couch & chair as well. My parents were also staying at this hotel at the same time & my mom had requested a recliner (she has to sleep in one due to hip surgery). She was promised over the phone 3 different times that there would be a recliner in her room upon check in. When we arrived, there was no recliner and she did not receive a recliner until Day 2 of our stay. We had also recommended this hotel to two other family members and their room was dirty as well and they had no hangers. All of our other stays have been great and so we were really disappointed this time. Unfortunately or conveniently, the manager of the hotel was gone the duration of our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience during your recent stay. I have held a meeting with the housekeeping staff and we have implemented a stringent procedure of daily room checks to ensure that each room we rent out is in perfect condition. Regarding the recliner, I do apologize that it was not delivered prior to check in. I was informed that there was not one available until the second day, but this is not an excuse as I realize it was very important that your mom received one before her first night's sleep. Please consider staying with us again so we can prove to you that this was a one time bad expereince and we will impress you during any future stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by how many restaurants and retail businesses were nearby -- it was great to have lots of options for food and some places to kill time between other activities. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, and our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The main lobby had a nice layout and the free breakfast was a nice bonus -- nothing fancy, but a solid mix of cereals, pastries, bagels, toast and a waffle iron.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for the nice review and for providing some great information for our future guests. We hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Seeing the Minnesota zoo with family was great we stayed at the AmericInn Hotel in Apple Valley for $68.00 a night for 3 nights. The staff got us checked in quickly and showed us to our room. The room was very good sized and the beds were clean and comfortable. The kids enjoyed sleeping on the pull out. We were very happy that there was free parking as we did a lot of driving to the Zoo and several other places including the mall of America. It was the best vacation with the whole family that we can remember. Free Breakfast was very good and they kept it replenished. The swimming pool was a favorite of the kids, my husband and I enjoyed the hot tub to relax.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during your family trip and for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. Come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here in late August. The location south of Minneapolis is convienent if you have a car. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The interstate is a little bit of a drive and at the time of my stay there was construction that slowed my progress. The furnishings are run of the mill. My room was clean enough; not spotless but I am extremely picky. The front desk staff seems young and inexperienced but I didn't have any specific issues during my brief stay. I booked the room at the last minute thru Hotels.com for a good rate of $75 which seemed about the right value. I didn't eat breakfast in the morning so I can't comment on the quality of the food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We are currently upgrading the hotel and our number one goal is to exceed the standards of both our guests and this franchise. Please allow us to prove this to you during a future visit.

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Since my first nights stay way back in June, this hotel has truely amazed me with it's hospitality and attention to detail. This hotel is in the midst of remodel of everything but not once has there been disruption because of it. I am completely astonished by the depth of involvement from house keepers to upper management. Because of this constant attention to detail i have chosen to call this my home. Y not?? I have a pool sauna hot tub hot breakfast dogs are allowed and every single time i walk thru the door im greeted with a smile and that's amazing. I have witnessed issues thst may arrise and each employee is dedicated and trained properly to take care of the issues in a professional way and most importantly it's because they care not just because it a job. Thank you all of the staff at americinn for living hospitality especially in a society that is severely lacking. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.there is a huge weight lifted when u are assured u will be well taken care of ! Deffinately a place of value!

• Stayed: August 2012
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We take pride in the work we are doing at the property but mostly in creating a sense of home for all of our guests. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apple Valley
AmericInn Burnsville
#4 of 9 in Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley? Share your experiences!