“Kids would like it”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
Kansas City, Missouri
“Kids would like it”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Guess they are doing updates to the room. I don't think housekeeping knows how to clean toilets or bath tub faucets I was taking a bath and turned my head saw inside the toilet bowl and GROSS. There was also soap scum on the faucet in tub. Lesson- bring ur own comet. The pool was great really warm but comfortable the whirlpool is a nice size and loved the sauna because it was cold. We stayed two nights and on the first night they had vegetable soup in the lobby. Breakfast was ok might be better because they were remodeling the counter. Nice choice of coffees and teas but only available till coffee gets cold. The lobby was nice had a fireplace and tv with remotes so you could sit out there instead of room. Close to everything Walmart target tons if places. I'd go back but with comet and toilet brush in hand

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank blank44
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to apologize for the issues you discovered in the bathroom. I hope you do come back as I am certain you will be pleased with the cleanliness of your entire room. Yes, we are remodeling the guest rooms and have now completed an update to the breakfast which is now offering sausage and egg patties and biscuits and gravy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times (4+) and this time we were so disappointed!! When we checked in, our bed coverings were covered in black dog hair and muddy foot prints. Our couch and chair were also covered in dog hair. We called the front desk and the front desk clerk brought us clean bed linens and a vacuum cleaner. He offered to make the bed for us, but we said we would do it ourselves. We vacuumed the couch & chair as well. My parents were also staying at this hotel at the same time & my mom had requested a recliner (she has to sleep in one due to hip surgery). She was promised over the phone 3 different times that there would be a recliner in her room upon check in. When we arrived, there was no recliner and she did not receive a recliner until Day 2 of our stay. We had also recommended this hotel to two other family members and their room was dirty as well and they had no hangers. All of our other stays have been great and so we were really disappointed this time. Unfortunately or conveniently, the manager of the hotel was gone the duration of our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience during your recent stay. I have held a meeting with the housekeeping staff and we have implemented a stringent procedure of daily room checks to ensure that each room we rent out is in perfect condition. Regarding the recliner, I do apologize that it was not delivered prior to check in. I was informed that there was not one available until the second day, but this is not an excuse as I realize it was very important that your mom received one before her first night's sleep. Please consider staying with us again so we can prove to you that this was a one time bad expereince and we will impress you during any future stay.
Ashland, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by how many restaurants and retail businesses were nearby -- it was great to have lots of options for food and some places to kill time between other activities. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, and our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The main lobby had a nice layout and the free breakfast was a nice bonus -- nothing fancy, but a solid mix of cereals, pastries, bagels, toast and a waffle iron.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for the nice review and for providing some great information for our future guests. We hope you come back again soon!
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Seeing the Minnesota zoo with family was great we stayed at the AmericInn Hotel in Apple Valley for $68.00 a night for 3 nights. The staff got us checked in quickly and showed us to our room. The room was very good sized and the beds were clean and comfortable. The kids enjoyed sleeping on the pull out. We were very happy that there was free parking as we did a lot of driving to the Zoo and several other places including the mall of America. It was the best vacation with the whole family that we can remember. Free Breakfast was very good and they kept it replenished. The swimming pool was a favorite of the kids, my husband and I enjoyed the hot tub to relax.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during your family trip and for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. Come and stay with us again soon!
Taylor Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here in late August. The location south of Minneapolis is convienent if you have a car. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The interstate is a little bit of a drive and at the time of my stay there was construction that slowed my progress. The furnishings are run of the mill. My room was clean enough; not spotless but I am extremely picky. The front desk staff seems young and inexperienced but I didn't have any specific issues during my brief stay. I booked the room at the last minute thru Hotels.com for a good rate of $75 which seemed about the right value. I didn't eat breakfast in the morning so I can't comment on the quality of the food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We are currently upgrading the hotel and our number one goal is to exceed the standards of both our guests and this franchise. Please allow us to prove this to you during a future visit.
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Since my first nights stay way back in June, this hotel has truely amazed me with it's hospitality and attention to detail. This hotel is in the midst of remodel of everything but not once has there been disruption because of it. I am completely astonished by the depth of involvement from house keepers to upper management. Because of this constant attention to detail i have chosen to call this my home. Y not?? I have a pool sauna hot tub hot breakfast dogs are allowed and every single time i walk thru the door im greeted with a smile and that's amazing. I have witnessed issues thst may arrise and each employee is dedicated and trained properly to take care of the issues in a professional way and most importantly it's because they care not just because it a job. Thank you all of the staff at americinn for living hospitality especially in a society that is severely lacking. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.there is a huge weight lifted when u are assured u will be well taken care of ! Deffinately a place of value!

• Stayed August 2012
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We take pride in the work we are doing at the property but mostly in creating a sense of home for all of our guests. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
Seabrook Island, SC
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed at this motel as we have in the past. New owners, two brothers, who are putting in money and redoing a lot that was needed. It was a 5 night stay and was fairly satisfactory even though the breakfasts were the usual---Poor. On the last day had trouble with the toilet but I figured out how to flush it. Showed it to the maintenance man who said he would get it repaired. Returned to the room late in the evening to find that the toilet was not working at all. No maintenance man on duty and none could be contacted. Asked desk to find me another room. None available--sold out. Asked to find local hotel. All sold out. Asked desk what were their recommendations. They had none. Asked them to call the manager. Called back and said he was not available and they had no suggestions other that to come down the stairs during the night and use the lobby facilities. Next morning asked if manager was contacted and they said he could not be reached. Told them I did not want to pay for the room for that night. Said they couldn't change the bill without manager approval. Checked out and asked manager to call me. Still waiting--no call. Some day something bad will happen such as a death in the motel. Wonder where the manager will be. Wonder if I will ever get the deduction for the room. Wonder if the manager would book a room in another motel without a toilet. I doubt it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
First of all I would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to post your review. To see through our individual guest’s viewpoints is the best way we can improve on all future guest’s stays with us. Please consider staying with us again as we would like a chance to show you the improvements that we have and will continue to make.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apple Valley
AmericInn Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
#5 of 9 in Burnsville
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eagan

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley? Share your experiences!