“Exceptional”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
“Exceptional”
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Since my first nights stay way back in June, this hotel has truely amazed me with it's hospitality and attention to detail. This hotel is in the midst of remodel of everything but not once has there been disruption because of it. I am completely astonished by the depth of involvement from house keepers to upper management. Because of this constant attention to detail i have chosen to call this my home. Y not?? I have a pool sauna hot tub hot breakfast dogs are allowed and every single time i walk thru the door im greeted with a smile and that's amazing. I have witnessed issues thst may arrise and each employee is dedicated and trained properly to take care of the issues in a professional way and most importantly it's because they care not just because it a job. Thank you all of the staff at americinn for living hospitality especially in a society that is severely lacking. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.there is a huge weight lifted when u are assured u will be well taken care of ! Deffinately a place of value!

• Stayed August 2012
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We take pride in the work we are doing at the property but mostly in creating a sense of home for all of our guests. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seabrook Island, SC
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed at this motel as we have in the past. New owners, two brothers, who are putting in money and redoing a lot that was needed. It was a 5 night stay and was fairly satisfactory even though the breakfasts were the usual---Poor. On the last day had trouble with the toilet but I figured out how to flush it. Showed it to the maintenance man who said he would get it repaired. Returned to the room late in the evening to find that the toilet was not working at all. No maintenance man on duty and none could be contacted. Asked desk to find me another room. None available--sold out. Asked to find local hotel. All sold out. Asked desk what were their recommendations. They had none. Asked them to call the manager. Called back and said he was not available and they had no suggestions other that to come down the stairs during the night and use the lobby facilities. Next morning asked if manager was contacted and they said he could not be reached. Told them I did not want to pay for the room for that night. Said they couldn't change the bill without manager approval. Checked out and asked manager to call me. Still waiting--no call. Some day something bad will happen such as a death in the motel. Wonder where the manager will be. Wonder if I will ever get the deduction for the room. Wonder if the manager would book a room in another motel without a toilet. I doubt it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
First of all I would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to post your review. To see through our individual guest’s viewpoints is the best way we can improve on all future guest’s stays with us. Please consider staying with us again as we would like a chance to show you the improvements that we have and will continue to make.
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Nice hotel, nothing special but everything works. Clean rooms, loud air conditioning but not so bad, breakfast is small and poor but it's a good starter anyway. Don't pay for that, if you don't have to.
Beds are great and service was good.
Location is great, close enough to visit Minneapolis and Mall Of America, but only if you have a car.
Parking is big enough, you don't need reservation, even they say so in their website.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your comments. We are currently working on improving our breakfast and think that you will find it more enjoyable during a future visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I got the 40% off deal which brought the room to $75 for the night. I would pay that price again but I would not pay over $100 for this room. Nothing in particular wrong with it, just a cheap room, but was relatively clean, had an OK bed, and a flat screen tv.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for posting your review. Please come back and stay with us again as you will get to experience the many upgrades we are making throughout the hotel.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived and within 20 min. my three year old found dirty panties in the bed. I called the front desk and we were switched to a different room. Obviously the sheets hadn't been changed. The second room had black mold growing in the toilet, there was a pile of toenail clippings next to the bed, Mexican food had been left in the non-working refrigerator, both the recliner and futon were dirty with crumbs and old. The non-working air conditioner ran all night and did not cool the room at all. I used my asthma inhaled several times throughout the evening due to mold. The liteswitch also turned off the alarm clock, that was a nice touch. My husband tried to set the alarm clock and rested his hand on the nitestand and wound up with some kind of sticky substance all over his wrist and forearm. We arrived late in the evening, otherwise we would have just left. The next morning my husband informed the front desk that we would be checking out after he returned from his business meeting, leaving a full 2 and a half days earlier than we had reserved. A hotel employee called the room after speaking with my husband, stating she was "the co-worker". I asked "What co-worker? Are you the manager?" She stated she was the co-worker of the person my husband spoke to and then said "I understand you've had some problems." That's it, that's all she said. That'd not a question, that's a statement. I went through all the issues and she offered to have maintenance come in an housekeeping come back in, which I declined. I stated that its not my responsibility to inform you of what needs to be done. That just should have been taken care of before we arrived. I was informed that we would be charged $15 an hour for our stay, I said no... We wouldn't be paying that. I asked what the $15 was for even??? She for housekeeping. I laughed and said "I think we BOTH know that no housekeeping is getting done here..." She didn't reply
My husband called shortly after I spoke with "the co-worker" to ask to speak with the manager and was hung up on twice. After being hung up on, my husband left in the middle of his meeting to pick myself and our child up and take us to nicer hotel. We turned in the keys at the front desk and young man stared at us for several seconds before asking how our stay was. I laughed and said it could have been a lot better. He stated he was the managers brother. Im not sure why family of the workers were behind the desk talking to customers...I stated the issues we had....again. He looked quite surprised

• Stayed July 2012
8 Thank Bubblers09
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My daughter and I reserved a handicap accessible room for our two-night stay. Our room was clean and roomy. The bathroom was especially accessible for a person in a wheelchair. The hotel staff were friendly and the breakfast offerings were wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mona E
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were traveling up to Ely, MN and called the AmericInn 800 number to make reservations for Apple Valley for the
first night. The day we were to leave the manager called and said they had accidentally overbooked (800 #) and asked if we
would mind staying at an AmericInn five miles away. At first I was a bit irritated...but the manager was so nice and made reservations at the other hotel. He was quite apologetic and went out of his way to make sure we had nice accommodations. The place we stayed in was great...we appreciate that AmericInn Apple Valley cared enough to get us another room. We will definitely stay at the AmericInn Apple Valley on our next trip to MN.

Room Tip: Probably better to call an AmericInn directly for reservations during the peak vacation months.