“Great meal”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Enjoyed a great meal at a great price. The fajita skillet was overflowing with ingredients. I recommend the corn tortillas vs flour. Each person gets a basket of chips and salsa to start. Beware you pay for refills should you decide you need it. The sweet corn cake is awesome.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sharkhunter2010

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“Love this place. Best guac!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I come here whenever in Anoka from St Paul. I usually order the seafood enchilada with some guac for the chips. Super yummy and even when busy I never have to wait long. Sometimes they will have specials that I wish would be added to the menu as they are so good. (Like the tinga. A pulled seasoned beef) On a small note the photo shown is not Casa Rio.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Shannon W
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wouldn't darken their doorstep again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I would like to recommend this restaurant, but make sure you pay cash, don't use a debit/check/credit card as they might double charge you. It isn't bad enough to get double charged, but they don't even return your phone call, not once, but TWICE. I finally gave up and called the C/C company to dispute the second charge. The one time I actually got to speak to the manager, she told me that sometimes the C/C company double charges, but that she would look into it and call me back. Guess what, no call back. I even offered so that they didn't have to mess around with accounting, that they could just issue a credit. This is unfortunate, we really liked the food, but highly disappointed that they couldn't be bothered with the simplest thing, a phone call, even if just to say it wasn't on their end.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank veronica f
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Choice in Downtown Anoka, MN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Casa Rio offers tasty Tex-Mex food with a small town, friendly atmosphere. Happy Hour specials are great, their chips and salsa can't be beat and the service is top-notch...they even remember your preferences from previous visits!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MiMolly
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Great Tex-Mex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We had lunch here --- we are pretty critical of our Tex-Mex cuisine since we lived in Texas for over 10 years and were very pleased with this restaurant--lots of menu choices--I had the chicken soft tacos and they were stuffed with lots of tasty chicken---the refried beans tasted home made---none of that stuff right out of the can--the chips and salsa had a nice kick---prices were reasonable. We will return next trip!

• Visited August 2011