“I felt like a princess.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anoka
Ticknor Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Anoka B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My bridal party stayed here for 2 nights. Let me just say it is beautiful. If your looking for something vintage with a Victorian feel this is the place. Deb was so hospitable. she allowed us to use the site for our wedding pictures even though I had a very large wedding party. Breakfast was delicious, overall she just made my wedding day that much better.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a weekend celebrating our anniversary and can not say enough good things about the hospitality we received! Debbie was absolutely wonderful, brought our breakfast up to our room (which we soon discovered was no small task as the tray was absolutely LADEN with a wonderful breakfast and probably weighed about 50 pounds!).
The atmosphere is very peaceful and quaint - exactly what we needed for a getaway from our everyday hectic lives. We will definitely be recommending this B&B to friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachael D
Reviewed April 28, 2013

What a glorious time I had with Deb and Dave and there wonderful home! My wife and I were here on an extended weekend and were welcomed by Dave when we got in after a late flight. We entered our room and were impressed by it's beauty! There are no TV's in the room's and the peace and quiet was splendid! I slept like a baby the whole time. Deb pulls out all stops on the breakfast dining experience. The food was incredible, and the table settings were like stepping back in time! Also along with the impressive home, it is in a wonderful location, it is a very quiet neighbor hood, but a very short walk to down town Anoka, or even to a wonderful trail to take a stroll along the beautiful Rum River. Yes Deb & Dave are very lucky indeed, and have done a spectacular job! I would choose this wonderful home over a 5 star hotel any day!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A one-night escape that was glorious. Downtown Anoka is within walking distance of the Ticknor. The Ticknor offers four rooms with various amenities, ours included a private tub but not a separate shower which was fine. The bed was very comfortable and the room nice sized for an old Victorian home.

Debbie, the innkeeper was gracious and breakfast was wonderful. There is guest fridge was filled with soft drinks and there were home made cookies for a snack on the first floor.

For us this was a spur of the moment get away that exceeded our expectations in every way, including a first visit to Anoka which is a quaint small town adjacent to the Mississippi. We had a nice afternoon cocktail in town but upon check-in at the Ticknor, we did not leave the inn. On cold night, we sat by the fire on the first floor reading and enjoying the peace and quiet.

The price of our escape was similar to a night out in Mpls but we received so much more!

Room Tip: Choose a room that has both a tub and shower.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our innkeeper was exceptionally kind and generous, and her breakfast was amazing. We felt very well taken care of. The decor is a bit dated, but lovingly cared for and very comfortable. We had the home to ourselves for the evening, and enjoyed a private fireplace and a beautiful billiards table. Apparently there is some decent nightlife nearby, but we chose to spend a cozy evening inside with sausage, cheese and a bottle of wine. Breakfast was served in several courses, including a lovely banana omelette with the fluffiest eggs I've ever had.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed at this B + B several times and have enjoyed it more every time. The service was great, the atmosphere was great, the quiet, the peaceful feeling, the setting, not to mention the breakfast (and the cookies set out the night before), all of it was great. We'll be back, of that you may be certain. It was a little piece of peace and paradise, all just south of downtown Anoka.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Ticknor Hill for several days while attending a wedding in the area. My wife is a fan of homes built in the era after the civil war. We really enjoyed our visit here. The house was grand and met all of my wife's expectations. Our hosts were great and made us feel right at home. We enjoyed eating breakfast out on the back deck (porch?) while watching and listening to the birds sing their morning greetings. We highly recommend staying here if you have the chance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anoka
Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 1 in Ramsey
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids
Best Western Plus Blaine at the National Sports Center
Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids

Been to Ticknor Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!