“Loved it- Staff was Excellent!”

America's Best Inn Annandale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Annandale
Annandale, Minnesota
“Loved it- Staff was Excellent!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We live locally and had lots of family & friends staying for our outdoor wedding. Well due to the weather we needed a venue switch. The manager graciously let us use their lobby to host our wedding ceremony. They staff was incredibly accommodating even though they were clearly very busy that day. We stayed the night in 201 which is a mini suite. It was very clean, In fact the whole place was very clean. They even had toys and books in the lobby for kids which was a huge help while we were trying to get ready. Breakfast was the usual waffles and such. This hotel recently switched from being an AmericInn into what it is now the Annandale Lodge & Suites. I thought it was lovely and we had a wonderful stay. We will definitely be back. We didn't notice the trains at all and our room was the closest room to the train tracks.

Room Tip: Get a Mini Suite or a K Suite for extra space. Request 1st floor if you have a handicap there is no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I called more than a month in advance and asked for a quiet non smoking pet room and they put us in the middle of the motel! It was very noisy, because the "road work" guests knew each other so there was a lot of door slamming until late. A train also goes by often honking its horn, the motel is very close to the tracks. I am used to getting an end room when I call in advance and ask for a quiet room, so this was very disappointing. The room also smelled because it used to be a smoking room. The sheets were thread bare and changed rarely. I would never stay here again. Oh one more thing... the fire alarm went off several times in the night and fortunately it was false, but the management did not take care of it very quickly, we heard the alarm go off more than 8 times and since we woke up late because of our interrupted sleep we didn't get our room cleaned either!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 111m11111
smheath, Manager at America's Best Inn Annandale, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
At the Annandale AmericInn we love pets!!! I myself have have two dogs. Please accept my apology for the train noise, as well as unruly guests. We wish we had control over both, but unfortunately we do not. When you return to visit our hotel, please know that we will do our best to give you the experience you expect, so please don't hesitate to ask us for that end of the hall room. Our hotel is set up by room type, and the room type you reserved is only located in the middle of our hall. We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you what a great place to stay we are. Again, thank you for giving us a review.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed at Americinn for two nights and I liked the hotel. I read a review on another site complaining that the trains went by only a block away and they were bothered by the tooting of the whistle, but I found it a non-issue. I only heard one or two trains while I was there, and I thought it was kind of cool to hear the train and look out and see it. The Albertville Outlet Mall is only 30 or so minutes away. I had their biggest room - which was only $100 - and it was very comfortable. There was a living room, bathroom and separate bedroom. You'd pay $150 or more for a suite like this in a bigger town or city. I didn't use the refrigerator but it was there. I thought the bed and pillows were good and the staff was really nice. One of the clerks at the desk even came out to show me how to find a switch on my rental car that I couldn't locate. I would and will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank caltroon
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I stayed at the hotel with my family back in 2003, right when it first opened. We would spend the day at our lake cabin and the nights sleeping at the hotel. It was a first class experience, nice and roomy. Would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed July 2003, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank mhjelmsta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annandale
Americas Best Value Inn Clearwater
AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud
Hampton Inn & Suites St Cloud
Hampton Inn & Suites St Cloud
#2 of 19 in Saint Cloud

Been to America's Best Inn Annandale? Share your experiences!