Days Inn Alexandria MN
HolidayInn.com
$104
$79
$77
Best Western Alexandria Inn(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$110
BestWestern.com
$199
$169
Skyline Motel(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$66
$61
Super 8 Alexandria MN(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$77
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrestaurant next doorwould stay here againbed was comfortablenice staytile
Reviewed August 28, 2012

spent one night at the days inn, while passing through on the way to Minneapolis. The staff was very nice. The breakfast was adequate. The rooms were ok, beds were nothing special. It's a adequate place to stay for one night. It is close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked through name your price @ priceline. Like every other time I have booked through priceline, I call the hotel to confirm our reservation and to make sure there are 2 beds. This is the first hotel that is charging us a second fee when we arrive for our second bed. With this fee, this old roadside hotel is no cheaper than the nice hotels. We just wanted a place to sleep as we were passing through. With this price I would have much rather stayed at a better hotel and picked where I was staying. I guess I will write another review after I have actually stayed there, but first impressions kind of stick.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jenn3031
Alex D, Manager at Days Inn Alexandria MN, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

I apologies that you did not enjoy your stay.. We take great pride in our property and customer service. Again I apologize we did not meet your expectations. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis....RK Management Daysinn

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We chose to stay here for a few reasons. The online price was right and it was located close to the wedding we were attending. We didn't know the hotel was under construction until we arrived. I work in a hotel so I understand these things happen. It wasn't a big deal for us since we were away from the room most of both days.
The room isn't anything special but the bed was comfy!!! Our first night there didn't go as planned. I ended up staying in the room by myself since my boyfriend was atteneding the bachlore party. There was a crazy bad storm(not hotels fault) that night and I woke up to loud banging on my window. When I got up enough courage to see what in the world was going on i discovered a strip of new siding had been torn off the building and was slamming into my window! I'm not a huge fan of storms so this really didn't help me go back to sleep. It lasted for hours!!! I tried to call the desk but nobody answered. Not a big deal really but kind of a bummer. I was dog tired the whole day.
Our second night there was uneventful until about 8:50am. We were told at check in that the contractor wouldn't be starting work until 9am or so. Kinda early but he's got a job to do. Lucky us, we were right below the room they decieded to work on that day. We woke up to stomps and loud bangs. Since there was no sleeping through that racket we got up and ready to leave. After a rather icey cold/hot shower (temp couldn't figure out if it was suppose to be hot or cold!) we went to see what breakfast was like. I was surprised. It was rather pleasent. Fresh hot coffee and several types of breakfast options. They had french toast availiable. I had never seen that on a continental breakfast before. Kinda neat!!!
The staff was friendly and helpful throughout the 2 days we were there. Even met a young housekeeper who's first day of work started the day we checked out. She wasn't even an official employee yet and she was sweet and funny!! Manager Kate( I think that was her name) was super nice and helpful!! Great customer service!!! If I'm ever back in Alexandria MN I would consider staying again as long as they have their construction completed!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I booked online so did not know what we were in for. This is a cheap roadside motel at Days Inn prices. Room is old. AC is loud. Bathroom is small with a small sink beside the room entrance door.

Room Tip: If you pay more than $45.00 for their king room you will be disappointed
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank dansyla

Reviewed January 8, 2012

You can smell the mustiness of mold everywhere.. The room temp way fixed at 68 degrees you couldn't change it .. it was freezing cold out 11 F. The only good thing is they slowed my dog which they charged me 10.00 per dog per nite.. I stayed there on the nite of the 10th of December 2011..

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank choffman1963
MichaelK35084, General Manager at Days Inn Alexandria MN, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay with us. We do strive to have the best customer service and cleanest rooms. You should have been able to turn up the heat, plus there is a heat option on the Air Conditioner. If you are in the area again please call and give us a second chance!!

Thank you so much for your comments--

Polly Schuster