Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$109
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$105
View deal
Booking.com$109
Hotels.com$109
Trip.com$128
All reviews water park lake cafe deck bar zip line mini golf main restaurant nice view of the lake summer vacation whole family waterpark bonfire arcade lakes mn
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2018

The good: The tennis center was clean, bright, well taken care of. The fitness center was clean & all the machines worked. Good selection of equipment, including fitness ball, weights, machines, water fountain, cups, towels, remotes to tv and mats. The maintenance guy who came to fix our door that wouldn't lock was quick, informative and helpful. The bartender at the lounge was BUSY, but did a great job helping customers, including detailed reviews of local spots, drinks, foods, etc...
The bad: The MAIN reason we picked that resort was because of indoor tennis and their swimming pool (not the water park). No mention that it was down for maintenance when I booked the week prior. When I complained, I was told "Well, who needs a pool when you have a water park?" I advised that we can't swim in the water park & we like to swim. No apologies, just a blank stare & an eye roll! Later, we asked for more cups & another blank stare & eye roll. After a game of tennis, dinner and drinks in the lounge (app 4 hours after check in), we returned to our room (#429) & noticed the door doesn't lock. You could simply push it open. The maintenance guy couldn't fix it & got us the room next door. (#427) Better selection of pillows (soft/firm), but the heater wouldn't turn off & 3 lightbulbs were burnt out. We opened the window for cooler air (& didn't close it until our check out 2 days later). We kept the curtains opened when it was daylight for light in the room. We did all of this to avoid the blank stare and eye rolling. It was such a hassle to deal with the front desk clerks, both on day and night shift. We noticed this to be the case everytime we walked thru the lobby. A refresher in customer service training is needed for that front desk crew. Even when we checked out there was an issue with 2 of the 3 of us in line. (Not us, thankfully.)
The ugly: We never saw or heard the door get fixed on #429 in the 2 days we were there.

Room tip: If you get room 429, check to make sure it locks. :)
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank traci h
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the great feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the many amenities the resort has to offer. We need to apologize for the pool being down during your stay with us. More importantly, I apologize for the way this was handled. We have addressed this with the staff to ensure it doesn't happen again. Thank you for letting us know. I also need to apologize for the issue with the door lock not working properly. I can assure you, it was fixed the next day, prior to anyone else renting this room. Again, we really appreciate your patience and understanding and letting us know about the problem. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to show you the level of service and accommodations you should expect and deserve from Arrowwood Resort.
Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Overall our experience was just ok, the whole place needs some updating and cleaning. The water slide area was cold and everything had rust water stains so it all looked dirty. The food was terrible for dinner in the main restaurant and less than average for the breakfast buffet. The vending machines didn’t take cash to get drinks/snack, only worked when I used my card. The family suite style room was a good layout for us and big enough but the carpet was dirty and could use a good cleaning. Be prepared to walk as it is a pretty big place and the pool was on the opposite side of the hotel from where our room was.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SarahJean16

Thank you for staying with us at Arrowwood and for taking the time to share your comments. I sincerely apologize that you were less than satisfied with the food in the main restaurant. We normally get very good comments regarding our food quality so I'm very disappointed to read this. Thank you for letting us know and the opportunity to make it right. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

I just stayed here last night after attending a wedding nearby. My balcony room was pretty nice with a surprisingly large fridge. I had a nice lake view too. The lounge was pretty good, but doesn't serve snacks very late. The Sunday brunch buffet was pretty good, but the area where you get food seemed easily congested, needs to be reconfigured. Don't use coins in the vending machine two levels below the bar. I lost two dollars in change without getting anything. Why accept coins if it won't give you anything? I agree with other reviewers that updates are needed at this place. With how busy this place is I'm sure the owners could afford to update things like toilets, carpeting, etc.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank osanida
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Thank you for staying with us at Arrowwood. We appreciate your comments, where we are doing well and where we need to improve. I'm sorry about the vending machine. They are a third party vendor and I've alerted them about your issue. I hope you stopped at the front desk to let us know so that we could reimburse you. We hope you return to Arrowwood again in the future! Thanks again!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

The main hotel needs serious updating! For what they are charging a night, you can find much nicer lodging. The last time I stayed here was 20 years ago and very little has changed. Every window needs to be replaced. Cracks in the drywall, peeling/outdated wallpaper. Doors need to be sanded and re-stained. The one nice part was that the bathroom was recently remodeled. Next time I'd stay in one of the newer cabins.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdventureSeeker84
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to read of your disappointment with some of the items that you feel need updating. We are constantly trying to improve the resort. We are currently replacing the patio doors and windows that need replacing and changing out wall coverings. We're glad you approved of the bathrooms! We hope you give us another opportunity in the future! Thank you again!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Lovely location, rooms were nice and big, very clean. No fan in the bathroom, that was odd. The staff was all very friendly, we ate breakfast and dinner at the restaurant in the hotel, food was good and service was very good.
Beautiful views of the lake from our room, plenty of space for a family of 4.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa W

Thank you for staying with us at Arrowwood Resort! We appreciate your feedback. We're happy you enjoyed the food int eh Lake Cafe and enjoyed the beautiful views of Lake Darling. We hope to see you again soon!