Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center
$89
$104
Super 8 Alexandria MN(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$77
Best Western Alexandria Inn(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
$36
$74
Skyline Motel(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$66
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswater parklake cafelazy riverdeck barindoor waterparkthe cottagesoutdoor activitieshorseback ridingzip linelake darlingnice resortice skatingrecommend this resortfun familythe main hotelsunday buffetall ages
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Back again for a family reunion after two years and was hoping they would have updated the town homes. Nope. They are the same they were more than 10 years ago when built. I don't get it. They still have old tube TVs! Place is not kept up very well overall. I am always seeing maintenance issues. They have such a great location, wish management would take better care of the facility. We are not coming back.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Flyboy23
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in two of the townhomes with 11 family members and could not be happier with the facility. The bathrooms and kitchen are updated nicely, the TVs are a little dated but with everything to do here it's not a big deal.

The water park is clean, everything worked great and the lifeguards are attentive and watching closely. The water park does need some updates, but there is nothing about them that hinders your enjoyment of the park. The inner tubes are clean and filled with air and the slides, lazy river and other features are fun and worth the enjoyment.

The grounds are very nice, rentals of boats, put put golf and kids fishing was great. The stables were great, kids loved the horses and the staff very kind and helpful. The staff is helpful throughout the resort and call every morning to ask about laundry service and other housekeeping needs.

Ate in the Lake Cafe and the food was excellent and service great. This is a resort worth enjoying for the whole family.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I usually travel about 2-3 times/month for work and have exposure to hotels & resorts all over the Midwest. This is the first review I have ever written about any of my stays, but wanted to vent...because this place was so below average on both cleanliness and regular maintenance/upkeep, it wouldn't be right to let it go.

We were at the Arrowwood Resort for a family reunion this past weekend, for a long weekend. When called ahead of time to ask about how the waterpark passes work, we were told $20/night for four passes. When we arrived we were told $30/night, I said why the difference and was told because we are in a loft suite. The check-in representative ended up honoring the $20/night, but it took a couple of times of me asking and I stated that I will have another family without kids in our group purchase them for the $20 then (that is when she caved and honored what I was told when I called).

As we walked to our room it was clear the building and grounds are not well maintained. From carpets with slack and pulling away from the walls to general maintenance of deck boards and concrete with cracks. We arrived to our room which was dated and wasn't very clean. We observed finger prints all over the glass sliding door in the great room and the in microwave in our kitchen. Our bathroom floor was dirty and had crumbs along the floor edge. There was a significant amount of black mold around the bathtub and at the bottom of the bathroom door. In addition, there were crackers (opened & crushed) in our couch (on top of the pull out bed), a juice box (open & empty), a cup from Applebee's and other wrappers around the unit and under the loft bed upstairs. Welcome to our room, last crew's garbage included!

We didn't say anything and figured we would make the best of the weekend. The next day about 1pm the cleaning crew stopped by for the daily clean. I told them we would be heading out in about 30 minutes. They asked if there was anything specific we needed and I said no, but I did ask them about the dishes. We had a small kitchenette in the room (no dishwasher) and had some dirty dishes. I asked if they wash the dishes. They stated we can or you can either way. I said, I will wait for you then...thanks!

We left and made a trip to the pool. I had to run back for something (kids goggles) and observed the cleaning team in action. As they made the bed in the master room, our bed pillows were set on the dirty floor (nasty, lose carpet)...not a huge deal, but still gross considering they didn't change the sheets/pillow cases. I didn't say anything and left to head back to the pool. When we later got back to our "cleaned" room, we found dirty dishes still in the sink (the cleaning team set out the dish soap and a towel next to the sink). Our sleeper sofa was left out and wasn't made, they didn't empty our garbage cans, nor did they bother to wipe down the counter or the kitchen table. We paid $249/night, plus taxes and waterpark passes...we deserved a higher level of service! (hence, this write up)

On a positive note, there are some rooms that were updated (I saw many of my other family members rooms)...about 50% are updated based on my observations. However, even if you were lucky enough to get an updated room, don't expect it to be clean. The cleaning service was poor across the board...spoke to many others (whom had similar experiences).

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room and make sure you ask what year it was updated (because if it's over 10 years ago...I wouldn't consider that an upgraded room; wish I were joking).
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Derek O
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were at Arrowwood for a family weekend utilizing three rooms. Overall our stay was very good with a few highlights and a few areas for improvement.

I had broken my leg and called about 4 days prior to our stay to request a wheelchair. I was told it was not necessary to reserve one of the wheelchairs but to pick one up at check-in. At check-in we were told that there were no wheel chairs available due to use by others. My first ride to the water park was on a luggage carrier. The highlight of the trip was when a housekeeping staff overheard our discussion regarding wheelchairs. After confirming there were none available she went the manager, shared our story and asked the manager if it would be possible to rent one locally for our use. She brought the wheelchair to me in the waterpark and asked if there was anything else she could help with. I believe her name was Kathy. I saw her a couple of other times during our stay and she kept asking about how to help with anything else. Every hotel should have a Kathy.

The waterpark is an excellent asset and provided much entertainment for our group. The two buffets (Italian and Sunday) were ok with Italian being below average and Sunday above average.

We will definitely consider Arrowwood for future family gatherings and hope that Kathy is still working when we are there.

Jim Foster

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend with two adults a four teen girls in the two bedroom cottage. The cottage was modern with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. One bedroom had two queens and one had a single queen. Kind of over priced at $500 a night. The cottage area is a little like a close neighborhood. Would have liked to have personal space by the grill and front porch. Reminded me of our starter home where you could talk to your neighbor from your front porch. Other than that, loved it all. Rented a pontoon, reserve before you get there. Paddle boat for $10 an hour. Nice warm indoor and outdoor pools. The beach was full of geese so no swimming there. Not a great swimming lake as it is full of weeds. Found a nice deep spot in the pontoon to jump in. The Deck Burgers are the best ever at the Deck Bar and Grill. Lots to do for all of us.
Had a great $1800 weekend. Ride the horses for $25 a person. That was great!!

• Stayed: July 2014
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for staying with us in our cottages! We appreciate the feedback and the great comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Arrowwood!