“Arrowwood Resort living at Townhomes”

Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Alexandria
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Arrowwood Resort living at Townhomes”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in two of the townhomes with 11 family members and could not be happier with the facility. The bathrooms and kitchen are updated nicely, the TVs are a little dated but with everything to do here it's not a big deal.

The water park is clean, everything worked great and the lifeguards are attentive and watching closely. The water park does need some updates, but there is nothing about them that hinders your enjoyment of the park. The inner tubes are clean and filled with air and the slides, lazy river and other features are fun and worth the enjoyment.

The grounds are very nice, rentals of boats, put put golf and kids fishing was great. The stables were great, kids loved the horses and the staff very kind and helpful. The staff is helpful throughout the resort and call every morning to ask about laundry service and other housekeeping needs.

Ate in the Lake Cafe and the food was excellent and service great. This is a resort worth enjoying for the whole family.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Delano, Minnesota
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I usually travel about 2-3 times/month for work and have exposure to hotels & resorts all over the Midwest. This is the first review I have ever written about any of my stays, but wanted to vent...because this place was so below average on both cleanliness and regular maintenance/upkeep, it wouldn't be right to let it go.

We were at the Arrowwood Resort for a family reunion this past weekend, for a long weekend. When called ahead of time to ask about how the waterpark passes work, we were told $20/night for four passes. When we arrived we were told $30/night, I said why the difference and was told because we are in a loft suite. The check-in representative ended up honoring the $20/night, but it took a couple of times of me asking and I stated that I will have another family without kids in our group purchase them for the $20 then (that is when she caved and honored what I was told when I called).

As we walked to our room it was clear the building and grounds are not well maintained. From carpets with slack and pulling away from the walls to general maintenance of deck boards and concrete with cracks. We arrived to our room which was dated and wasn't very clean. We observed finger prints all over the glass sliding door in the great room and the in microwave in our kitchen. Our bathroom floor was dirty and had crumbs along the floor edge. There was a significant amount of black mold around the bathtub and at the bottom of the bathroom door. In addition, there were crackers (opened & crushed) in our couch (on top of the pull out bed), a juice box (open & empty), a cup from Applebee's and other wrappers around the unit and under the loft bed upstairs. Welcome to our room, last crew's garbage included!

We didn't say anything and figured we would make the best of the weekend. The next day about 1pm the cleaning crew stopped by for the daily clean. I told them we would be heading out in about 30 minutes. They asked if there was anything specific we needed and I said no, but I did ask them about the dishes. We had a small kitchenette in the room (no dishwasher) and had some dirty dishes. I asked if they wash the dishes. They stated we can or you can either way. I said, I will wait for you then...thanks!

We left and made a trip to the pool. I had to run back for something (kids goggles) and observed the cleaning team in action. As they made the bed in the master room, our bed pillows were set on the dirty floor (nasty, lose carpet)...not a huge deal, but still gross considering they didn't change the sheets/pillow cases. I didn't say anything and left to head back to the pool. When we later got back to our "cleaned" room, we found dirty dishes still in the sink (the cleaning team set out the dish soap and a towel next to the sink). Our sleeper sofa was left out and wasn't made, they didn't empty our garbage cans, nor did they bother to wipe down the counter or the kitchen table. We paid $249/night, plus taxes and waterpark passes...we deserved a higher level of service! (hence, this write up)

On a positive note, there are some rooms that were updated (I saw many of my other family members rooms)...about 50% are updated based on my observations. However, even if you were lucky enough to get an updated room, don't expect it to be clean. The cleaning service was poor across the board...spoke to many others (whom had similar experiences).

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room and make sure you ask what year it was updated (because if it's over 10...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Derek O

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Minnesota City, Minnesota
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were at Arrowwood for a family weekend utilizing three rooms. Overall our stay was very good with a few highlights and a few areas for improvement.

I had broken my leg and called about 4 days prior to our stay to request a wheelchair. I was told it was not necessary to reserve one of the wheelchairs but to pick one up at check-in. At check-in we were told that there were no wheel chairs available due to use by others. My first ride to the water park was on a luggage carrier. The highlight of the trip was when a housekeeping staff overheard our discussion regarding wheelchairs. After confirming there were none available she went the manager, shared our story and asked the manager if it would be possible to rent one locally for our use. She brought the wheelchair to me in the waterpark and asked if there was anything else she could help with. I believe her name was Kathy. I saw her a couple of other times during our stay and she kept asking about how to help with anything else. Every hotel should have a Kathy.

The waterpark is an excellent asset and provided much entertainment for our group. The two buffets (Italian and Sunday) were ok with Italian being below average and Sunday above average.

We will definitely consider Arrowwood for future family gatherings and hope that Kathy is still working when we are there.

Jim Foster

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend with two adults a four teen girls in the two bedroom cottage. The cottage was modern with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. One bedroom had two queens and one had a single queen. Kind of over priced at $500 a night. The cottage area is a little like a close neighborhood. Would have liked to have personal space by the grill and front porch. Reminded me of our starter home where you could talk to your neighbor from your front porch. Other than that, loved it all. Rented a pontoon, reserve before you get there. Paddle boat for $10 an hour. Nice warm indoor and outdoor pools. The beach was full of geese so no swimming there. Not a great swimming lake as it is full of weeds. Found a nice deep spot in the pontoon to jump in. The Deck Burgers are the best ever at the Deck Bar and Grill. Lots to do for all of us.
Had a great $1800 weekend. Ride the horses for $25 a person. That was great!!

• Stayed July 2014
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us in our cottages! We appreciate the feedback and the great comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Arrowwood!
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at many resorts and this place was too large, unkept, and over priced.

We had to call the front desk because while they said our room was inspected and ready for us there was still black hair in the shower tub from the last people.

No frisbee golf, no place to lock up your bikes and the windows looked like they had not been cleaned since they built this place.

Way over priced for the crappy accommodations. Look elsewhere if I were you!

Scott

3 Thank Francisogonz
I'm sorry to read that you were not happy with your stay at Arrowwood Resort. I'm so sorry about the hair you found in your tub. Thank you for letting us know so we could rectify the issue. Guest satisfaction is very important to us at Arrowwood Resort. Please contact me at the resort so we can discuss your recent stay and allow me a chance to redeem your business in the future.
Taylors Falls
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd year staying the week of 4th of July and after each stay we can't wait to come back! Plenty of activities for all ages. The service we received was exceptional through out the different areas of the hotel, they had great staff. They do need some updating in most of the rooms, wallpaper peeling in spots, fresh paint, new patio doors. Also, not a big deal to us but one of the water slides were down our entire stay and the jets in the hot tub in the waterpark were down. They also have one of, if not the best firework shows in Minnesota! If looking for a full all around family vacation look to make your stay here!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the great comments and the helpful feedback! We are happy to read you really enjoyed the resort, had outstanding service and enjoyed the fireworks! We did have pump go out on the waterslide as you mentioned. I'm happy to report that it has been replaced and is up and running again!

Thank you again for your recommendation to others!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I spent one night at the property and had two colleagues from Europe with me. Excellent service, prompt check in/out, beautiful premises... got a corporate rate from one of the machine builders in the area, I will stay again next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
It is a pleasure to read great feedback from our business travelers. Thank you for the great comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Arrowwood Resort soon!