“Liked it So Much, We Went Back Again!”
Review of Raapers

Raapers
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stopped at Raapers to take in their happy hour after a Thursday afternoon of shopping in Alexandria's downtown area. We got a few of the appetizers and my husband enjoyed the 2-4-1 beer and I got the wine. The appetizers were very good especially the Red Hook Shrimp -YUM! Our waitress Leigh was friendly and you could tell she had her regular customers! We went back again on Friday night for the fish, however, after my husband saw a few of the burgers, he decided to get that and said it was one of the best burgers he's had in a while. I went with the Corona Cod and it was very tasty. Our waitress Becky brought more fish before I was done with my first helping. Sad to say I could not eat that 2nd helping as the first one was more than enough! Becky and the other waitress were waiting tables and making drinks - we could not believe how fast they moved taking care of everyone with a smile!
We hope to get back to Alexandria again. When we do, we plan to stop in for their daily specials - I guess we could end up eating there everyday!!!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

We saw their ad in a listing at the Country Inn & Suites that we were staying at. Since it was Wednesday, they had a pound of ribs for about $7 with fries and coleslaw. The ribs were nice and tender with a good sauce, the fries were good and the slaw was a little sour. There weren't a lot of people there, but it was around 8:30pm. We had great service, the waiter was very talkative and friendly. The atmosphere was pleasant for a hometown place, I did like their artwork. We would definitely consider stopping there again.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

My wife and I dined at Raapers for lunch. The sandwiches were excellent and the Gumbo rivaled the best Gumbo that we have experienced in New Orleans. The service was prompt.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The nightly specials are great....on Tuesday they have these huge burgers for $6...all gourmet with super toppings. I had the awesome blossom burger, omg. onion rings on top of an awesome burger. get it.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stopped here June 2011 because of the good Tripadvisor reviews. We use TA all the time. We had the steak lovers sandwich & the crispy ranch chicken sandwich. Total cost of meal $ 14.00. I would eat here again.