“Love that Prime Rib!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brainerd, Minnesota, USA
“Love that Prime Rib!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Eddy's is one of those guilty pleasures you just can't resist. We went for the Friday night Prime Rib special. They offer a queen and king cut--if your appetite is smaller order a king cut and split it. Their augratin potatoes are a special treat and choose the clam chowder instead of salad for another special treat. We have also had their ribs and they are worth the trip as well-- a great sauce on an excellent pork rib! Our server was great but we have had uneven experiences in the past. More a lack of training and low staffing.

Nice outdoor seating for a lovely summer evening. Weekends and summers are the busiest so if you want to eat before 8PM a reservation is a good idea ESP if you have a party of four or more.

• Visited August 2013

Alexandria, Minnesota
“Good food, but substantial service issues”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

It pains me to write this, because I really like the food at Interlachen. Sadly their service has become so spotty, that we are taking Interlachen out of our rotation. Boo. More than half the time, we don't get what we order. It's crazy. We rarely if ever have this problem at other restaurants...but here....it's the norm.

And it wouldn't be quite so bad if the staff was even remotely apologetic, but alas they are not. Never is so much as $1 knocked off the bill. Just a casual - oh...well if you want what you ordered instead of what I brought you...that will take another 15 to 20 minutes."

• Visited July 2013
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“Terrible food and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our recent experience with the Interlachen Inn was horrible. First we got sat underneath an AC vent and it kept dripping on us and our food and drinks.. We told the waitress and she just said it was the AC condenser and didn't bother to move us. That was disgusting, there was dust and who knows what else was up in that vent dripping down on us. Next we order onion mound for an appetizer and they brought us potato chips. My husband ordered soup and the cup was only half full. I asked the waitress if there was garlic in the alfredo sauce and she said a little so I asked for extra garlic in the sauce since I love garlic. Mine came and there was absolutely no garlic taste. My dad's meal, she forgot to put in the order for his shrimp so he never even got his shrimp. His steak was way over done. My husbands steak which he order medium-rare was well done and the steak was 80% fat so he couldn't even eat it. We ordered drinks and she has to come back and ask me twice what I had ordered. Then we never got our buns and had to ask for them and she finally brought them after we finished our meals. Finally when we got the bill she had charged my dad for the shrimp he never got and over charged for the shrimp. Avoid this place.

• Visited July 2013
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Great up-north dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Old-time feel updated and clean. Friendly service and good food.
would eat here again. Good value off the beaten trail, but worth the drive. Lots of history and character.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Phil B
Alexandria, Minnesota, United States
“Good food! Great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

From the moment you walk into this place you feel like you will fit in...whoever you might be. The homemade potato chips are an amazing appetizer. Any of the entrees I have had have been greaaat!

Visited December 2012