“Exquisite”

Carlos Creek Winery
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Alexandria
More attraction details
Owner description: The Official Wine of Minnesota FUN! Enjoy sampling & drinking our award winning wines surrounded by our vineyards & orchards. Bring your family and friends and enjoy the many exceptional activities and events we offer.We're open 361 days of the year. Complimentary self-guided tours through our wine cave are offered during our open hours. Owner's Production Tours are offered Saturdays at 1:00 and 3:00 for $5. Wine sampling is $9 for 5-6 samples of wine and includes a souvenir Carlos Creek wine glass. We offer live music from 2:00-6:00 every Saturday, plus Fridays & Sundays during the Summer. The second weekend after Labor Day we host our Grape Stomp and Fall Festival where over 800 people will stomp grapes.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Wine tasting at its finest with nice selection and a wine information sheet to help with your wine tasting selections. Informative tour as well. Very friendly, helpful and down-to-earth staff.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Saturday afternoon we visited the Carlos Creek Winery in its lovely setting near Alexandria, MN. The atmosphere is a blend of welcoming country and savvy social surroundings. It's not just a "wine" experience; there is a litany of special attractions. Mystery parties, shopping at artisan's booths, and fabulous local musicians are part of it all. As return visitors, there is always a welcoming atmosphere in which to sip and enjoy.

1  Thank MNLaker
riverbound, Owner at Carlos Creek Winery, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear MNLaker,
I am so glad that you enjoy your time at Carlos Creek Winery. I will share your wonderful comments with our staff - they work hard to create a welcoming, fun and unique environment for every customer. We have a number of new bands joining us this summer (we trust that Summer will indeed return) and we look forward to your return visits.
Kind Regards,
Tami Bredeson, President

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had a great time visiting last summer. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the live music was an extra bonus. The wine. In my opinion, the wines all run a bit on the sweet side, so their "dry" wines were perfect easy drinking wines for me. My favorites include the Frontenac, Trinity, and Cuvee. The apple wines were too sweet for my taste, a little hard to drink, but fun to try something new nonetheless. I would love to make it back for one of their events, I hear the annual grape stomp is a blast!

1  Thank Zaydaray
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Upon my recent visit to the winery, I was very disappointed to learn that they no longer accept the Co-op Connections REA discount card. (It’s a discount for residents in the local area on Runestone Electric Association. Carlos Creek Winery is a participant in this program.) The discount is good for free wine tasting, one offer per member per visit. As it is still actively posted as such on the web site, at the very least, I was expecting a one-time customer courtesy for the free wine tasting. They would not honor this. I find this very poor business practice/management and false advertising. – Kudos to the rest of the Carlos Creek Winery staff.

1  Thank HeyJude21
riverbound, Owner at Carlos Creek Winery, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for visiting our winery. Our apologies about the REA program confusion. We discontinued our relationship with this program over a year ago, but were unaware that REA continued to list this offer on their web site. I have called REA to have our name removed from their list of offers. In the original mailing, all offers are listed as "subject to change" but I see that they do not list this condition on their web site. There was no way for you to know that the REA offer was not valid and I apologize that we did not honor it. Please stop in for a free wine tasting the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was very disappointed in their own wine --- but they put on a nice welcome and have beautiful countryside. Wine is really only average --- I never bought any, but they have unique wines, blueberry, rhubarb, etc.