“Terrific”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Alexandria
New York City
“Terrific”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I'm a long-time Wyndham hotel member, so when the highways were closed due to a blizzard in north/central Minnesota yesterday, I called and asked for something available in the area. I figured all the local hotels would be booked up soon, and I would have been happy with whatever the found me. It turns out I had one of the most pleasant stays I've had in a while. Friendly, accommodating staff, clean comfortable rooms, quick and relaxed check-in and check-out, very reasonable rate (even when it was near-capacity due to the storm), just about everything was terrific. Even the housekeepers were a joy to interact with- gracious and intelligent. As I said, I would have been happy with this venue under normal circumstances. The fact that I had such an enjoyable experience under "emergency" circumstances demonstrates the superior capabilities and conscientiousness of the people in charge. I was fortunate to have met the General Manager- Deb Kramer- experienced, warm, professional. I cannot praise this hotel enough. -Peter Sklar

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Deborah K, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria MN, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank You so much for taking time out of your busy day to respond to Trip Advisor.

It is always nice to read reviews such as yours, knowing that you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you here.

The Super 8 team works hard and diligently at making sure all of our guests have a pleasant experience when staying with us. We are a Pride Award property and maintaining this title comes with a good team making it happen. Glad you enjoyed meeting some of them.

We will look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Deb Kramer, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 8, 2013

It's a clean hotel with friendly staff. I work in this area a lot and always enjoy staying here. It's close to many great restaurants, and stores. It's a pretty inexpensive place to stay and has always been quiet at night.

• Stayed March 2013
Deborah K, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria MN, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank You so much for your recent review regarding the Alexandria Super 8.

It is always nice to read reviews such as yours. The team at this Super 8 works diligently
to make sure all of our guests have a positive experience.

We look forward to your next visit. And as always, Thank You for choosing Super 8.

Blooming Prairie
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed here in the past with good results and that is why I returned. This time however, the outlets in the bathroom did not work nor did the hairdryer also their was a nasty smell of cigarettes and with the entrance door sign plainly reading NO SMOKING. This was a terrible thing to wake up to in the morning and I have no idea where it came from but it will be the one thing that will NOT bring me and my friends back again. The bathroom also needed alittle repair upkeep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Deborah K, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria MN, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank You for your response, and let me apologize for your disappointing stay with us.

What few smoking rooms we have left on property are at the far end of the hotel. Unfortunately a guest perhaps left his door ajar or maybe housekeeping did not have the room door closed while cleaning. We strive very hard to maintain this odor, we are also in the process of eliminating them entirely.

I share all reviews with my staff and when your review came through I had housekeepiong and maintence go with me to the room. After checking out the bathroom the caulking was removed and redone. We are in the process of renovating this property and when we get feedback such as yours we immediately try to resolve the situation. The hairdryer did however work, we believe that the reset button was the problem.

Once again I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance.

Sincerly,
Monticello
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Crappy breakfast need to have more choices, what was offered wouldn't fill an adult easily. Would have been nice to have some healthier choices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I sincerley apologize if you were anything less than satisfied with our breakfast. What we provide, 4 flavors of yogurt, variety of instant oatmeal, 2 types of cold cereal, our Simply Super cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs,( an option of our choice) 2 types of bread, Eggo frozen waffles, 2 types of juice, hot chocolate, tea, and coffee are a mandated requirement from Super 8.

Our breakfast area is small but we do the absolute best to make sure our guests are always satisfied. Again I am sorry you were disappointed but please know I appreciate your feedback.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stay in a lot of motels/hotels and the price of the room seems to reflect on the service/attitude of the staff and the pleasure of my stay. And in this case I am happy to say the reverse is the case, the entire staff treated me exceptionally and helped me with all my needs and questions. The room was clean had a microwave and fridge for a very reasonable rate best price in Alexandria as well as a decent self serve breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Deborah K, Manager at Super 8 Alexandria MN, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
So glad that you enjoyed your stay. We always enjoy getting to know our guests and guests such as yourself make our industry twice as rewarding. We appreciate your positive feedback and I as a manager, I enjoy sharing all our reviews with staff.

Again, "Thank You" for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Deb Kramer,GM