“Smoke and Electrical”

Super 8 Alexandria MN
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed here in the past with good results and that is why I returned. This time however, the outlets in the bathroom did not work nor did the hairdryer also their was a nasty smell of cigarettes and with the entrance door sign plainly reading NO SMOKING. This was a terrible thing to wake up to in the morning and I have no idea where it came from but it will be the one thing that will NOT bring me and my friends back again. The bathroom also needed alittle repair upkeep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Deborah K, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria MN, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank You for your response, and let me apologize for your disappointing stay with us.

What few smoking rooms we have left on property are at the far end of the hotel. Unfortunately a guest perhaps left his door ajar or maybe housekeeping did not have the room door closed while cleaning. We strive very hard to maintain this odor, we are also in the process of eliminating them entirely.

I share all reviews with my staff and when your review came through I had housekeepiong and maintence go with me to the room. After checking out the bathroom the caulking was removed and redone. We are in the process of renovating this property and when we get feedback such as yours we immediately try to resolve the situation. The hairdryer did however work, we believe that the reset button was the problem.

Once again I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance.

Sincerly,
Deb Kramer, GM

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Alexandria MN

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Crappy breakfast need to have more choices, what was offered wouldn't fill an adult easily. Would have been nice to have some healthier choices.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I sincerley apologize if you were anything less than satisfied with our breakfast. What we provide, 4 flavors of yogurt, variety of instant oatmeal, 2 types of cold cereal, our Simply Super cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs,( an option of our choice) 2 types of bread, Eggo frozen waffles, 2 types of juice, hot chocolate, tea, and coffee are a mandated requirement from Super 8.

Our breakfast area is small but we do the absolute best to make sure our guests are always satisfied. Again I am sorry you were disappointed but please know I appreciate your feedback.

Deb Kramer, GM

Reviewed February 5, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Deborah K, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria MN, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stay in a lot of motels/hotels and the price of the room seems to reflect on the service/attitude of the staff and the pleasure of my stay. And in this case I am happy to say the reverse is the case, the entire staff treated me exceptionally and helped me with all my needs and questions. The room was clean had a microwave and fridge for a very reasonable rate best price in Alexandria as well as a decent self serve breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Deborah K, Manager at Super 8 Alexandria MN, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

So glad that you enjoyed your stay. We always enjoy getting to know our guests and guests such as yourself make our industry twice as rewarding. We appreciate your positive feedback and I as a manager, I enjoy sharing all our reviews with staff.

Again, "Thank You" for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Deb Kramer,GM

Reviewed November 18, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
A Wyndham traveler
MAGNOLIA
Reviewed November 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Deborah K, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria MN, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Reviewed November 4, 2012