Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Alexandria, MN
$104
$111
Super 8 Alexandria MN(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$71
Best Western Alexandria Inn(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
$148
$106
Skyline Motel(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$66
All reviewsgreat room for the moneypool area was very niceroom was comfortable and cleancomfortable stayhotel staffstaff was friendlya great place to stayan updatecalled the front deskfridge and microwaveking suiteinnschannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have been staying at the Country Inn located in Alexandria MN for the past 10 years now. Always enjoyed our business trip until recently. Checked in at 3PM and found out that it was under renovations (they were also buffing the floor when we walked in, odd time to do that when people are checking in) but we weren't told that when we were making the reservations. They also never mentioned that the computer didn't work which I always use for my business to check on things while staying there. We checked in and given a room to stay in but to our dismay, someone was already staying in the room when we opened the door. Just glad they didn't have a gun when we walked in. We immediately went and told the check in person about it and she wasn't aware at all of anyone staying in the room. She seemed very disoriented about everything. We then told her we wanted another room which we got right next to the other room. The room was clean. We asked for an extra couple of pillows and when she went upstairs to get them and give them to us, they smelled sweaty and perfumed like someone slept on them already. When I was in the process of getting the pillows, the new manager walked in with her small dog (who was running around). She told me who she was and asked what happened. I then explained to her what happened with the room with no response, just a shrug of her shoulders. The next day I called Club Carlson upon returning home and they contacted the manager to see what was going on. They asked her amongst other things about the confusion with the room that someone else was already checked into. She told then told them that was the first she heard about it. What a Lie! This told me a great deal about what has happened to this once great place we use to stay at. Horrible Management! I will never stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michael43477
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Alexandria, MN, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel.

We apologize for the experience you had regarding the condition of your room and for the experience you had regarding the lack of service from the hotel staff. We are in contact with hotel management to resolve these problems and to ensure incidents such as this/these do not occur in the future.

We hope you have the opportunity in the near future to visit our hotel again so we have the chance to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Building is being renovated, new paint smell was a bit much. TV did not work in room, clerk came down to check but made no effort to compensate. Breakfast was good. I agree about asking for a room away from highway - lots of traffic noise on front side.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank truckinmama
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The building is a little worn from the previous owners. The current owners are in the process of updating the building. Our room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast had waffles, fruit, sausages, SOS and the regular cereals. Nice!! The swimming pool was warm!! There is a hot tub and sauna too.

Tip -- Ask for room away the interstate hwy. Its very easy to find since its located on the exit, but you'll hear the traffic if your room is up front.

There are room discounts also available on their web site at www.countryinns.com . Also nice!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here while in Alex for a work conference. When we checked in I stood at the front desk for almost 10 minutes before the clerk came to check me in. Then when she did she didnt tell me where to find my room, where breakfast was or the times. The room was average and clean. Being next to HWY 29 was convenient but loud during the evening. The room was ok for my need of being gone all day and then only sleeping in the room. The breakfast was good with a variety of options of hot and cold. The main complaint I have is the staff. They were not helpful either day I was there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TammyRae15
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Very Clean rooms, very nicely decorated, quiet, great breakfast and situated in a very nice town with great places to eat. Also located right off the interstate for easy on, easy off. A great place to stay.

Room Tip: One problem...no elevators. but choices of smoking and non-smoking rooms, a nice option.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business