“Not bad for a hotel/motel restaurant”

Rudy's Redeye Grill
Ranked #30 of 73 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Join us for our classic American Fair in Rudy's Redeye Grill. Steaks, seafood, pasta, sandwiches, and more...something for everyone!
Bemidji, Minnesota
“Not bad for a hotel/motel restaurant”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I ate at Rudy's on January 11, 2013 and had a very nice prime rib dinner. The setting was comfortable and the service from the wait staff was good. It is usually a more subdued environment where it is easy to carry on a conversation with others and enjoy a good meal. This particular evening however, there was a very large group of young girls and their parents in the restuarant enjoying their dinners after returning from a hockey tournament they were playing in. Needless to say, they were having fun and filled the place with energy. That was fun to watch and was not an unpleasant experience but did make it more difficult to carry on a conversation with my guest. However, I wouldn't hesitate going back in the future as it was still an enjoyable dining experience.

Visited January 2013

Minnesota
“Nice Atmosphere, Poor Service, Below Average Food”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

As with other reviews, it seems almost unanimous this establishment is known for extremely poor service. My companion had been here before, and had poor service but I wanted to eat here, as I had never been. So she agreed. On her previous visit, when the food finally arrived they had to take it "to go". That is how long it took. But we were ready to give it another try! So we tried lunch on a Wednesday. There were only 2 other tables occupied, in the whole restaurant. That should have been a clue. Yet, it seemed as if we were interrupting something else terribly important. Because when our waitress brought the coffee, she put the cup down soundly and sloshed it into the cup. When she came back, we had to let her know the coffee was cold, could she bring some new coffee?. Her reply, "Well, I would have to brew some." "Well....okay, that would be fine...." Yikes! The salads had a very sad presentation. We had the spinach with a chicken breast. It was packed into a cereal bowl. The chicken was not a fresh breast, but some pre cooked thing that was grisly in places. Really NOT good. I really wanted to like this place, the atmosphere looks so fun, but it just isn't recommended for anyone.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank tbones
Wabasha, Minnesota
“Very good food, decent prices, nice specials.”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm a huge fan of this place when I stay at the holiday inn at Alexandria because whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner.......I've never been disappointed. Good service , great food. Just try to avoid the psychotic karaoke folks on whatever night they do that there in the bar. It's awful !!!

Visited October 2012
Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States
“Didn't like the breakfast”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We enjoyed the bar in the evening. Had some drinks and sang some karoke. We had breakfast both Sat and Sun and both times it was aweful. My kids wouldn't eat the pancakes and they LOVE pancakes. On Sunday they didn't like anything on the buffet except the donuts and cereal.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cheryl R
Alexandria, Minnesota
“GREAT CONSISTENCY!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great food, drinks and service! Go there for consistent everything!! Also check out their pasta bar!

Visited March 2012