Holiday Inn Alexandria
$83
Country Inn
Super 8 Alexandria MN(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$77
Best Western Alexandria Inn(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
$148
$106
Skyline Motel(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$66
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscold beerkids eat freekids playbit datedold stylebeds were very comfortablealexandria areaindoor poolinterstateminneapolismn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Service is okay, but the rooms and hallways smell like smoke and must. If you or your child has asthma or sinus issues do not stay. I would not recommend this place to anyone who has sinus or asthma issues.

• Stayed: November 2012
jrugani, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

I would like to extend apologies for any harsh odors. We are in the process of moving smoking rooms to a designated area of the hotel in an attempt to make all guests happy and comfortable. I hope you can visit again and find your accomodations exceptional.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The facility is older, but they have updated the rooms. The bathrooms still need some work, but for the price and location it works. The food -- at least the breakfast in the on site restaurant is very good. The service was good as well. Will likely use this location again in the future. This was the second stay as same hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always updating the facility and look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding this weekend. Before we left I looked up the reviews left by some members to get an idea of what the place was like. I feel that some of the reviews were unfair. All though there was mixed reviews from everyone in my family about the hotel. I felt the hotel was a nice place to stay. We stayed in a pet room because we had our dog with. I have never stayed in a pet room before so I feared it was going to be smelly and maybe not a nice as a regular room. Boy was I wrong. I felt that the room was very clean and really nice. Maybe not the newest but not bad at all. I couldn't smell any trace of pets and I have allergies to most pets (I had no problems at all). Some of the staff wasn't the nicest but I won't hold that against the hotel. The Ladies in Housekeeping were very nice and a few I got to speak to were very fun Ladies! The pool area was huge and had like a gate around the entire room so kids wouldn't wonder off. My kids had a great time playing there. All in all I would stay here again without any hesitation. Although I would not eat at the restaurant again. The kids got to eat free there so we had breakfast both Sat and Sun morning there and both times I did not enjoy the meal at all. My kids love pancakes and they even said that the pancakes were aweful. Oh I did forget to mention that I LOVED the beds. The sheets were very soft and they gave you a variety of pillow from soft to firm OH and we received a complimentary water, granola bar, andees mints, & a rubber ducky!! CUTE Touch!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was there for a work trip and the Holiday Inn was recommended by Brenton Engineering. They have a special rate there and the location is good. Rudy's Red Eye Grill is attached to the hotel and they have excellent food and cold beer. The hotel pool area is very nice and has lots of other things for the kids to do. The beds were very soft and comy. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been to the Holiday Inn multiple times, staying with family as well as for events. The pool and recreation area is larger than most in the area I feel. Yes they may need some updating but I feel they are making great improvements. The restaurant Rudy's Redeye Grill has GREAT food also at a reasonable price. The menu has various choices and for the most part the staff is friendly but not everyone can always be pleased. The events that I have been to were great they have 4 different rooms for meetings or it can be transformed into one huge room as well. I would also like to point out the unique barn they have also to hold weddings or church services there. The catering staff is great and they offer a different array of amenities for all guests. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
jrugani, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! I was so happy to hear that you enjoy the functions in our banquet space and have had the opportunity to experience our unique reception facility, the Barn. In addition to the four rooms you described in the hotel, there are two more we can use for smaller functions and meetings. You are correct, it is challenging to make everyone happy all the time. However, we will always strive to do so and I am thrilled that we were able to create a great experience for you.Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay.