“Great meal and great service!”

Tennessee Roadhouse
Ranked #26 of 73 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Barbecue
Minnesota
“Great meal and great service!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We enjoyed an evening meal with a group of friends. The menu offered an ample variety and our food was very tasty. We were fortunate to be there on a night that they offered entertainment. A great stop when visiting Alexandria.

• Visited July 2014

“More than we expected! Great! ”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

If you will only having one meal in Alexandria be sure to try the Tennessee Roadhouse restaurant. We travel in a motorhome and are on our way from MI to Glacier National Park.
We stopped in Alexandria to see the Runestone in the Runestone Museum.
Worth seeing. Google it.
We decided to have dinner at the Tenn Roadhouse. It became more than we expected.
I had Jambalaya; my wife had the "Memphis bleus salad" ala Tennessee. While we were waiting the owner Connie Lee stopped at our table. She explained the baby back ribs were a specialty. I mentioned we winter in Naples FL where we like ribs from Texas Tony's. Her husband overheard. ..and suddenly we had a quarter serving of free ribs. I mentioned TT beans...and we had beans to sample...all while waiting for our dinners.
The ribs were great, as good as TT. We like TT beans better.
So then Kevin, the owner, tells us his bread putting is to die for...and as we finish our meals....a huge free sample of bread putting is brought to our table. He was right...it was the best bread pudding I have ever tasted.
So then we learn Connie Lee is a country and western singer and is in the traditional Hall of Fame and does shows in the restaurant 2 Sundays a month. We bought her DVD. She autographed it.

We order 2 full slabs of ribs to go.
Then I recall we needed a battery jump back at the campground and 2 guys helped us so I ordered 2 more full slab dinners for the 2 guys that helped with the jump. They were happily surprised.

We paid, left, realized the waitress had not charged us for tje the DVD. Drove back...no charge....another gift.

More than we ever expected. All good exceeded our expectations. 6 stars.

2 Thank mich-weedman
Alexandria, Minnesota
“Aaron Tippin”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I've went to Tennessee Roadhouse a couple times now. Once for a great steak dinner and once for their drinks. Both I would highly recommend. Their drinks are very well poured. Food is great tasting. I went there for drinks on a Wednesday evening and found myself holding onto a gentlemen while he signed the wall. Later I double took and realized it was Aaron Tippin country music legend. I got pictures with him as well as my friends. Great spot if you like a country atmosphere and good food and drinks.

1 Thank Flywayking
McLean, VA
“Would rate between average and very good”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We sort of stumbled into this restaurant because we were staying next door at the grim Day's Inn and it was very convenient. We were there on a Tuesday night and it was pretty empty, but overall, it was a good experience. Service was good- our server was being trained, but everyone was attentive and friendly. My co-worker ordered the Tuesday special- 2 lbs of riblets, fries and a pitcher of beer for $15.99. Heck of a deal and he ate it all. I had pulled pork with onion rings and was pleasantly surprised. I think the barbeque was better than a lot of barbeque chains and would recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Good service bad food”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The service was good but the food was terrible! The salad was old, the potatoes under cooked, and the steak had no flavor. You would expect more considering how much you're spending. In short, the food is not worth your time and specially your money. It's a shame since my family was looking forward to eating there.

• Visited June 2014