“Carrie cares”

Dining options: Reservations
Minneapolis, MN
“Carrie cares”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Having eaten at Bella's during several previous trips from the Twin Cities, we took the opportunity this time to speak with the owner, Carrie, about the excellent food. The restaurant would compare favorably with any famous restaurant in the Twin Cities. Apart from the varied menu, perfectly prepared, there are the sauces. We discovered from Carrie that they are prepared fresh daily and that is obvious! Together with the beautiful decor, friendly waitstaff, and reasonable prices, it is a top dining destination.

Having hated mac and cheese for years, on a previous visit to Bella's I tried their mac and cheese special. It was beyond outstanding (remember their sauces?). Now I have only raw onions on my "will not eat" list.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JonPete

MINNESOTA
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The delicious food and service will draw you back for repeat visits at this neat Italian restaurant.

The flavor of each dish is exquisite! And you will even hear Frankie (I think that's her name) sing a gorgeous tune during your dining.

Visited January 2013
ALEXANDRIA
“Pretty Spot with Good Eats!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This Italian restaurant is decorated beautifully, and the staff is friendly and efficient--you might even get a song with your meal! We've had consistently good food here and enjoy trying out their specials. It's located right downtown near some fun specialty shops and antique stores, so it's fun to browse the shops before dinner (stores close about 5:30 most nights, though).

Visited November 2012
minnesota
“Good food, cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The atmosphere is dark and cozy, with lots of wine bottles and big booths along the perimeter. Chances are that Frankie (lovely Italian lady) will serve you and if it's your birthday, she will sing in Italian.

Lots of menu choices for lunch or dinner and a decent selection of wine. My favs are: tomato basil soup, BLT on focaccia bread, grilled pear salad with chicken, Osco Bucco. I've been here over a dozen times and almost all my meals have been really good. However, once or twice I've been a bit disappointed with a couple of pasta choices. (It needs to be as good as or better than I make at home.) I've heard from friends that service can be very slow but I've always experienced very good service.

• Visited October 2012
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Autumn Visit to Alexandria, MN”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were on are annual autumn color trip and ended up in Alex. After checking reviews we decided to try Bella's. What a nice find. The butternut squash ravioli (with shrimp) was excellent and the spinach salad with poppy seed dressing, strawberry's and walnuts was tasty. Service was very good. Prices were fair. Frankie's a cappella performance may not be for everyone but we enjoyed it.

• Visited October 2012