“Yummy!”

D. Michael B's Resort Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We are located in the Viking Plaza Shopping Center. We have a casual/fun Northwoods Lodge atmosphere with large screen TV's for your sporting events. Full bar featuring all of your favorite beverages. Families are welcome. Offering a full menu that is sure to please, along with a gluten free menu. All of our soups and sauces are made from scratch daily. Proudly serving lunch and dinner in the lakes area for over 30 years.
District of Columbia
“Yummy!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love D Mich's. Their spicy hamburger is my favorite! Service is always quick and the food always comes out hot. Nice location in the mall also.

Visited August 2012

Glenwood, Minnesota
“best appetizer---otherwise blah”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Absolutely LOVE the crab dip appetizer. If it wasn't for that I would be eating elsewhere. There menu is boring and limited. Do Not order the lobster mac N cheese---bland and expensive for what it is.

• Visited October 2012
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Second Chance”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

After my poor review in October of 2010, we decided to give D Michael B’s a second chance. The only reason we gave the place a second chance is because after communicating with the management they showed sincere concern with their poor service and compensated us with an incentive to come back. Since we were in the area again we decided to give them that chance and were pleasantly surprised with the turn around. The service was friendly and prompt and upon observing our surroundings more the other patrons seemed well attended also. The food and atmosphere is that of your typical bar but we especially liked the potato nachos and the crab dip. Thank you D Michael B’s for actually caring about your service.

• Visited October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Suprised!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We met some family here for a B-day dinner. I was expecting Applebee's type mall food, and was plesantly surprised. I had the Fish Taco's and they were solid- the side dishes were mediocre. The Kids meal portions were good- and service was very good. It's not fine dining- but it was fine.

• Visited September 2012
Glenwood, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The service killed the review”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I decided to go hear because I was with someone I knew really enjoyed the place. We get there and we get seated at a table when we requested a booth, so when our server came out I asked if we could be switched to a booth. She gave me a look and asked us to follow her. Once seated again she took our drink order and came right back with them. When she returned with our drinks she asked us if we were ready to order, and I said we would need a couple minutes (since we had only been able to look for 1 minute), so she leaves. 15 minutes later she finally returns and asks the person I was with started to say her order, and before she even finished the first word our waitress rudely interrupted her by saying loudly "good choice" and then looked at me and in the same fashion took my order rushing me to finish my order.

I had ordered the 8oz Sirloin Medium Rare when it was brought out it was the center was barely warm and the meat looked raw when cut. So after 5 minutes our waitress came back I asked if she could have it brought back. When it came out the second time the top was burnt and the inside barely any progress at all, they had ruined a perfectly good steak.

this was my 2nd not so great experience with D Michael B's. The price for all their entrees are also in my opinion over priced, they are very minimalistic when it comes to filling your plate.

• Visited August 2012