“Shopping trip”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albertville
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Shopping trip”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel was amazing. Most of the staff was nice. The hotel was large and very clean. I was impressed with the room. The breakfast was awesome. I would recommend to anyone staying in Albertville. We did have only one problem. We stopped in Minneapolis and shopped at the Mall of America. We were going to be a late check in so I had called the Country Inn and Suites in Albertville to tell them we were going to be a late check in. I was hung up on twice by Kay. After calling the third time I told her I wanted to speak to a manager and she told me that the managers were not on until Monday. I was only going to be there until Saturday morning. After that she told me she had to put me on hold becuase there were customers lined up. She was very rude and unprofessional. On the third time I was transferred to a different person and he offered to send me to the managers voicemail. Instead of the voicemai I got connected with a different customer who was trying to call the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MNALBCTY, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albertville, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. Guest reviews help us to fine tune our operations so we can better serve our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly staff and awesome breakfast. We are sad to hear that you experienced some phone trouble when calling the hotel and we understand how frustrating this must have been for you. We hope that you will stay with us next time you travel to Albertville!
Catherine Reller, Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
North Dakota
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Very nice, clean and quiet. Good hot breakfast. We got a night's stay in a silent auction otherwise we might have not stayed there because rooms are quite spendy. Clean. Microwave and frig. Would be a convenient place to stay if you were shopping at Albertville Premium Outlet Mall.

• Stayed September 2012
Thanks for the perfect 5 star Trip Advisor rating! We appreciate you taking the time to post your rating and review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the wide variety of delicious and healthy options on our “Be Our Guest” breakfast buffet. Our hot breakfast buffet is someting we are very proud of. Thanks again for your business. We look forward to your next stay with us.
United States
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I did NOT have a pleasant stay here.  Check in was fast and they had coffee, tea and cookies at the front desk. That's the positive.

The room was big and it looked clean initially.  Then, there were several  hairs in the bathroom that I thought maybe it wasn’t cleaned but the towels were neatly placed.  When I pulled the duvet cover (coz I know they don’t regular wash this), there was NUMEROUS hair on the bed, dog hair, short, long, dark, light hair…NUMEROUS plus lints too.  I think that since they don’t wash the duvet cover regularly that the hair and lint adheres to the duvet cover and then transfers to the white sheet.  It was gross nevertheless.

Breakfast was terrible, everything was dry and old. Probably the only thing that was good was the waffles that my son ate. The rest we threw away. We ended up having a decent breakfast at a restaurant instead.

We used Club Carlson points for this stay but we definitely wasted our hard earned points on this stay.

• Stayed September 2012
MNALBCTY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albertville, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for choosing to stay with us, we truly appreciate your business. Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. Guest reviews help us to fine tune our operations to better serve our guests. We sincerely appologize for your experience at our hotel. These situations are very rare at our hotel and I’d be happy to do what it takes to make sure you will give us a try in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at 763-463-2600.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

An all round great stay. Clean, friendly staff, amenities close to rooms, comfy bed, selection of pillows at moderate price. Windows opened to let in fresh air. air conditioner was quiet. Extremely clean and well appointed. No maintenance issues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Wow - thank you for the perfect 5 star rating! We are thrilled that you found our hotel extremely clean and enjoyed our amenities. A positive guest review is the best compliment we can receive. We appreciate your business and kind words and look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to Albertville!
Winnipeg
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my first time staying here, as we usually stay right in Minneapolis, so I had no idea what to expect for a smaller town that has so many tourists. As soon as I set foot in the hotel - any doubts I had were immediately dismissed. The person at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming, the lobby was so clean and inviting, and when I got to my room - my jaw almost dropped. By far it was one of the nicest and largest rooms I have seen in a while. Absolutely gorgeous, very clean, just stunning. The free breakfast in the morning was more than I expected - it wasn't just the usual muffins, cereal and toast. They also had eggs, bacon, pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit. I am looking forward to staying here next time we come to Albertville. Oh. And a bonus? It's a minute walk to the Albertville outlet...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for the wonderful 5 star rating! We are glad that you were so happy with your choice to stay at our hotel. It’s nice to hear that our rooms and service exceeded your expectations. Our staff works hard to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a positive experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again real soon!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel every year for the past 5 years both at the beginning of our road trip and again at the end. The common areas are clean, and the rooms are always immaculate. The staff is always very helpful and friendly. On all our previous visits, my husband, who likes the occasional cigar in the evening has thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the front, 'porch', area with his cigar and a beer. He has met many other guests on these occasions and has enjoyed some friendly, interesting and sometimes lively conversations. The porch area became a gathering place, where groups of people could sit and socialize due to the number of chairs and tables. This year however, we noticed that the front porch, both sides, have been designated non smoking. Any guests who wish to smoke have been banished to the side of the hotel, where there is very poor lighting, which is a real safety and security issue, and no comfortable seating areas, and no tables. Forget any socializing or conversation. There is one small bench that will only accommodate 2 people comfortably. Because of this people do not want to stay outside and enjoy others company, they just finish their smoke and go back inside. Before we left the hotel at the beginning of our road trip, we asked Kim the manager why the smoking area had been moved and she told us it was a company wide policy. Throughout the next 3 weeks we stayed at 5 other Country Inn & Suites, and every one of them had a designated smoking area on one side of the front porch, and non smoking on the other side, so clearly not a company wide policy. During a conversation with several of the housekeeping staff at the Albertville location, we were told that the reason Kim had moved the smoking area was because her office is located beside one side of the porch, and she didn't like the smell. They also told us that when they first saw the bench outside the side door, they thought it was for their use, not the hotel guests. My husband has worked in the customer service industry for 30 years, and a few years ago actually taught a customer service program. Because of his experience and background, he understands that it is important to make all customers and/or guests feel welcome and to show them respect. He also knows how important truth and integrity are, when dealing with customers questions and complaints. We both feel that we were lied to by the manager of the Albertville hotel, and the decision to banish smokers to the side of the hotel was, in fact, a personal decision and not a company policy. We were also told by Kim that she was going to provide a patio area on the side, with more seating and tables, but when we returned to the hotel 3 weeks later nothing had changed, she had not even installed a bug light. Needless to say, our stay at this hotel was no where near as enjoyable as in previous years. As a non smoker myself, I do understand that for many people smoking is offensive, but hotels cannot treat smokers like lepers.

Room Tip: Request a room with a lake view on the third floor. Much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie S
MNALBCTY, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albertville, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. Guest reviews help us to fine tune our operations to better serve our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed our and clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. We are sad to hear that you do not like the location of our designated smoking area and we hope that you will give us another try in the future. Your patronage is definitely appreciated!
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business in June of 2012. I was working only about 15 minutes from the hotel, which was an excellent commute. From the moment I arrived I was greeted and helped by the most friendly staff, with no wait, and no problems. The room was clean, and met my expectation 100%. The breakfast was very good, vice nice that it wasn't just a continental breakfast of bagels and donuts, but had substantial food too. It changed every day, and I was offered eggs, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, etc. The breakfast staff was excellent. Also, the cookies served every day in the lobby were a nice touch. And finally- the location next to the outlet mall was absolutely perfect. I chose this place because I had read other reviews about how close the outlet mall was, and it couldnt have been better. In the evenings after work I had plenty of time to shop around. My only trouble was fitting everything back into my suitcase! Overall this was a great stay, and I'd stay here again no question.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thanks you for sharing your positive comments and glowing recommendation of our hotel. It’s nice to hear that our rooms and service exceeded your expectations. We are pleased to hear how convenient our hotel was for you. We are so glad you enjoyed the wide variety of delicious and healthy options on our “Be Our Guest” breakfast buffet. Thank you for your kind words. We value your loyalty and look forward to your return.
Catherine Reller, Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albertville
Hampton Inn & Suites Rogers
Super 8 Monticello
Super 8 Monticello
#2 of 3 in Monticello
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers
Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albertville? Share your experiences!