“Below average food with high prices”
Review of Emma Krumbee's - CLOSED

Emma Krumbee's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Made from Scratch. All Day. Emma’s Way! At Emma Krumbee’s Restaurant, we start each day early at 6AM with hot brewed coffee and fresh-from-the-oven breads, cinnamon rolls, our signature pecan caramel croissants, and flavor-filled muffins. Enjoy one of our hot, hearty breakfasts and you’ll be back for more!We make all of our own soups and gravies from scratch. Then we time it just right to get our turkey, beef roast, ribs and hams in the oven – slow roasting them to perfection. Potatoes are peeled, cooked, and then mashed. No shortcuts here! Don’t forget dessert! Our orchard fresh apples and seasonal berries are harvested at Emma Krumbee’s Apple Orchard and Farm in Belle Plaine and baked fresh into pies, fruit crisps, dessert bars, pastries, and more. The sweet treats are served at the Restaurant and are available from our Bakery to take home and enjoy with friends and family.
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We visited on Saturday, April 5, 2014 at noon. We were seated quickly. The menu is quite extensive. I was in the mood for a hot turkey sandwich. my wife wanted a breakfast.

I ordered the lunch special of a hot turkey sandwich and my wife ordered an omelette. The food came quickly. The turkey sandwich was so small. The turkey was stringy and contained a lot of dark meat. There was not much turkey at all. Most better restaurants serve sliced turkey breast inside the sandwich. This place seems to be stingy and is cutting corners. The white bread was cut thin and was dry.The mashed potatoes tasted "whipped" not fresh mashed. The gravy tasted like it was heated from a can. Overall, the entire dish could have used some seasoning, even just a little salt and pepper.

My wife's omelette was just ok. The hash browns were not crispy and the toast was as dry as a desert.

The total was $24.03 after tax, before tip for two soft drinks, the hot turkey sandwich and the breakfast omelette. For small portions, poor quality turkey, lack of seasoning, I think this was overpriced. This restaurant will not get a second chance from us.

3  Thank Steve0315

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We had ordered 4 items and we were satisfied with 2. The first one was the soup it was good along with the pancakes. But the kids spaghetti was the smallest portion we had ever seen it was 5 1/2 bites for a 9 year old, we had to order her a soup also. Then the real kicker was we had order a cheeseburger with fries and coleslaw and the waitress ask how we wanted it and we said medium. When it can out it had no cheese and it was burnt to a crisp so we sent it back. When it came back the burger was good but the fries and coleslaw seemed to have sat under a warmer for 15 minutes. They ended up crediting us for the burger but still charged us for the cheese!

1  Thank cmwinter
Reviewed March 28, 2014

There was ground Meat in the beans included with fish fry on Friday during Lent. What genius thought up that as a side dish? Our waitress spoke directly to my husband only as apparently I became invisible. She never asked if the food was O.K., But did ask him if "he" was O.K.
In answer to her question, no my husband is not O.K. ! He had diarrhea all evening after eating at Emma Krumbees.
Too greasy.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had to drive quiet awhile to eat at Emma's with Grandma but this was her favorite place to eat and I am glad she shared this place with me. We had such a nice time that I cannot wait to take the rest of the family. She ordered the Chicken Salad and if Grandma likes the chicken salad that she has made more times than any of us could remember than you know it is good! I had the Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo; I am very picky when it comes to this dish since I make it often at home. It is an easy dish to prepare but when you make it in bulk, things can go wrong. Nothing went wrong and it was the best Alfredo Cream sauce I have eaten at a restaurant before. I will recommend this place to my friends and look forward to date night with my husband at Emma Krumbee's!!

1  Thank Frances K
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Chain type menu with a few diner offerings. Good American style baked good. Nice to have a senior smaller portion menu that everyone can order from. Great liver and onions. Good service and nice environment. Close to interstate also. Pretty good. Alcohol is served here also.

1  Thank kawidd