BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Albert Lea
Trondheim, Norway
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

After visiting the July 4th celebrations downtown Albert Lea I decided to go out of town for accomodation. This hotel turned out to be a good alternative. The only thing not to my liking was the smell of food from the kitchen in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Amy L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to enjoy the holiday. I am very glad you went down town to see all the festivities that were going on. We hope we see you soon on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
fort wayne, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

motel was ready for guest and people were still painting the walls at check in and halls were littered with objects removed from walls and were in floor. fresh paint smell was sickening and was not a pleasant stay. damaged clothing with wet paint and not paid for by motel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Amy L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear John,

I am very sorry for the paint smell and the weather the night of your stay. I know how disturbing it was for all of us that night. I can't stress how sorry I am for the power outages and for the paint on your clothes. Please know I did reduce your rate at check-out. I would gladly be happy to talk further about how we can make it up to you.
Grandview, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Easy access from the hiway with ample parking .Several places to get fuel close by. Fast food or casual dining close by some within walking distance. Emaculate large rooms,excellent breakfast with several different choices .Friendly staff and great service .Exercise room, and a heated indoor pool. My wife and i took a road trip to lake supieror. we stayed there on the way liked so much we stoped on our way back !!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the side facing away from the hi way. (south side)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Amy L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you guys for staying with us again. I am glad your trip has been memorable for you. We are always going to be here for you when you make your way through Minnesota. Thank you again and have a blessed summer.
Custer, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Friday night arrival underwhelming. When booking room I was told a room rate that didn't match what receiving on arrival. Was told the phone rate was for 2 adults and we had 3. Later when my wife went to pool there were no towels. She went to front desk to get towels and the clerk actually asked her if she could bring extra towels to the pool.

Saturday breakfast was excellent. Service was great and everyone was helpful. There were 2 waffle makers which helped keep things moving along. Excellent breakfast selection.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Andy S.,
I am very sorry about the delay at check-in, most guest who book through 3rd party reservation sites are not aware of our policy. I am very sorry for this issue and I can ensure you an easier and quicker check-in when booking straight through our hotel. As for the receptionist who failed to provide you with superior customer care, I can ensure you they are trained well to better handle this type of situation. I am very sorry this happened. However, I am very pleased to hear you liked our breakfast. The waffles are a favorite for our breakfast in the morning. We are so happy you liked this addition to this area. We are starting to change our flavors for the batter as well. Please feel welcome to come back to try our new flavors and see us again. Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Have a safe summer.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely great location. 30 seconds off the highway and a friendly staff made the stay even that more pleasurable. The room was very clean. no flaws in the bathroom and the cable service was great to watch the World Cup. Did I mention it has an in room Keurig for the other coffee snobs out there! The bed was a comfy somewhat pillow top. Amenities included a pool laundry and a few treadmills. All around great stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Amy L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you choose us to stay with during your travels. Please come back and see us again soon.
caspian, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

wife and I did a road trip to wyoiming stayed at a few other hotels but as usual Best westerns are always our best choice when avialable where we stop for the night. And this one was fantastic great breakfast and choices for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing Best Western Branded hotels where we will provide you with superior customer care.
Port Byron, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I travel for business regularly and this hotel is my favorite when in the area! The most wonderful caring staff, clean comfortable rooms, great breakfast, and easily access from either interstate! Greatly appreciate the kind greetings and a warm cookie..Definitely would recommend this facility!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We really appreciate your business and we are pleased you continue to come and stay with us . If you may need anything in the future please contact me at 507-373-4000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albert Lea
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Days Inn Austin
Days Inn Austin
#1 of 7 in Austin

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel? Share your experiences!