WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Albert Lea
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Outstanding Employee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

A day after blizzard conditions, Interstate 35's road conditions were still hazardous (something I didn't know coming up from the south). Finding the roads nearly impassible, I stopped at a couple of hotels along I-35 only to find that they were full. I desperately attempted to call various hotels in Albert Lea but my cell phone kept dropping calls. Thinking that I might have to hunker down in my car for the cold night, Amy at Best Western called back, stating that she saw my number come up on the caller I.D. a couple of times and asked if I needed help. I told her my situation and she said that she would hold a hotel room for me, no questions asked. Then she proceeded to direct me from I-35 to the Best Western on the other end of town. She stayed on the phone with me the entire time and kept reassuring me that if the phone call was dropped she would call back. I can not tell you how much Amy's calm, reassuring demeanor helped me through a very stressful situation.

After white knuckling it for hours on the interstate, the place seemed like a palace- refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee makers in the room, a wonderful continental breakfast and lastly a very comfortable bed. I know that I will be staying at the Best Western when I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Waupaca, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at the Albert Lea Best Western and originally were going to stay one night but we stayed 2 nights due to inclement weather. Tom, Nicole and Amy and Jeb were nothing short of fabulous! We felt very welcome and were well taken care of at all times.They were extremely helpful and directed us to the grocery store and gas station and were also concerned about us being out in the weather. We'd stay here again in a minute and recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Walker, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is a well maintained hotel that still provides the perks that other chains have started cutting. My full size room was in very good shape, not nicked and gouged, and had the full line of complimentary toiletries for the traveler. WiFi was at a good speed and the guest computer on the main floor was also fuctional at a decent speed. Winter weather was foul this day but the lobby area was not wet or slippery. The hot "traveler's breakfast" they provide is very complete but nothing exceptional. Both evening and morning staff were probably the most pleasant, polite and helpful that I've experienced in my 40+ years of being on the road. I needed directions to a place in town that I couldn't find on the internet and they figured out where it was and gave me accurate directions to get there. Even the cleaning staff was polite. Usually you just get a grunt when meeting in the hallway, but here I got a "good morning" and was asked if I found the room to be to my satisfaction and was thanked for staying here. In the past I've stayed at other hotels in this area. This was my first time here and it'll be my hotel of choice on future trips through southern Minnesota.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank northernRaven
Amy L, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
On the behalf of Best Western Plus of Albert Lea, Minnesota I want to thank you for your kind review. We thank you for staying with us and enjoyed having you. We are happy you had a memorable stay and hope you will come back soon to stay again. If you may need anything in the future please don't hesitate to call our friendly staff here at 1-507-373-4000.
Hastings, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at the Best Western Plus in Albert Lea, MN. It had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a excellent place to stay overnight and have breakfast before heading out to their next destination.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

New Richland, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This facility has the sweetest staff members! They offer red carpet treatment towards their guests and go beyond to accommodate any needs/desires expressed. We were excited to find Keurigs are in the room. Very nice added touch~

The breakfast offered is wonderful! More than the standard continental offered at other hotel chains. The Jacuzzi is a full sized Jacuzzi and not just the whirlpool tub. Very impressive. We appreciate the hospitality extended towards us on our stay New Year's Eve.
If you are traveling, or simply looking for a local getaway, we recommend this hotel. I promise, you will not find sweeter staff members elsewhere:)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kara D
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very pleased with this 3 star property. Well located beside Hwy 35 allowing easy access when travelling by. Overall positive impression wight from the start - excellent welcome, friendly and efficient. Great house made cookies, constant coffee and tea. Room was very clean, well laid out and fairly spacious. Close proximity to several reasonable restaurants and delivery to your room is almost universal. Pet friendly. Only thing I'd like to change is to have a waste bin close to the side door where you are asked to exercise your pet - had to walk around to the front to dispose of the droppings.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mankato, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

When we checked in there seemed to be a mix up with our room. The person at the front desk was very nice and friendly. They quickly fixed our reservation and had no other problems.

The linen on the beds were nice and clean, the carpets in the room was nice and clean. Was surprised to see a Keurig in my room with no charges to use it.

The shower area was a little dirty, there was hair on the floor and on the toilet and also in the sink. We also found a bobby pin on the counter next to the sink. Made me wonder if they wiped the sink area down. There was some small moldy spots on the ceiling in the shower.

Our room was on the opposite side on the interstate so we did not hear any traffic noise.

Over all I think this hotel is a little over priced for the condition. But I have stayed here two times only because its close to family and it seems to never have that many guests (less hallway noise).

The breakfast was acceptable, they had a broken down waffle machine and cappuccino machine. Lots to choose from.

We used the pool and it was heated. Not a very large pool but was nice. Wished they had a hot tub.

I would maybe stay here again, may opt for a "newer" hotel - I hope they clean the rooms a little better and lower their prices a little.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Days Inn Austin
Days Inn Austin
#1 of 7 in Austin

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel? Share your experiences!