Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Albert Lea
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at the Best Western Plus in Albert Lea, MN. It had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a excellent place to stay overnight and have breakfast before heading out to their next destination.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This facility has the sweetest staff members! They offer red carpet treatment towards their guests and go beyond to accommodate any needs/desires expressed. We were excited to find Keurigs are in the room. Very nice added touch~

The breakfast offered is wonderful! More than the standard continental offered at other hotel chains. The Jacuzzi is a full sized Jacuzzi and not just the whirlpool tub. Very impressive. We appreciate the hospitality extended towards us on our stay New Year's Eve.
If you are traveling, or simply looking for a local getaway, we recommend this hotel. I promise, you will not find sweeter staff members elsewhere:)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kara D
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very pleased with this 3 star property. Well located beside Hwy 35 allowing easy access when travelling by. Overall positive impression wight from the start - excellent welcome, friendly and efficient. Great house made cookies, constant coffee and tea. Room was very clean, well laid out and fairly spacious. Close proximity to several reasonable restaurants and delivery to your room is almost universal. Pet friendly. Only thing I'd like to change is to have a waste bin close to the side door where you are asked to exercise your pet - had to walk around to the front to dispose of the droppings.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013

When we checked in there seemed to be a mix up with our room. The person at the front desk was very nice and friendly. They quickly fixed our reservation and had no other problems.

The linen on the beds were nice and clean, the carpets in the room was nice and clean. Was surprised to see a Keurig in my room with no charges to use it.

The shower area was a little dirty, there was hair on the floor and on the toilet and also in the sink. We also found a bobby pin on the counter next to the sink. Made me wonder if they wiped the sink area down. There was some small moldy spots on the ceiling in the shower.

Our room was on the opposite side on the interstate so we did not hear any traffic noise.

Over all I think this hotel is a little over priced for the condition. But I have stayed here two times only because its close to family and it seems to never have that many guests (less hallway noise).

The breakfast was acceptable, they had a broken down waffle machine and cappuccino machine. Lots to choose from.

We used the pool and it was heated. Not a very large pool but was nice. Wished they had a hot tub.

I would maybe stay here again, may opt for a "newer" hotel - I hope they clean the rooms a little better and lower their prices a little.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We checked in late, girl at front desk was very friendly and helpful. He was the highlight of our stay. Rooms were fine, nothing special. Our bathroom wasn't the cleanest. Price was reasonable. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013
Amy L, Assistant Manager/ Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Rachel F.,
On behalf of each employee here at Best Western Plus of Albert Lea, I want to sincerely apologize for the cleanliness of our room. We are implementing a cleaner process for our housekeepers to be better aware of these issues. I want to thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. Your feedback will help us, help you and our future guests to have a superior visit in the future. I apologize again and hope you give us another chance in the future to give you a superior experience at Best Western Plus of Albert Lea.

If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to call me at 507-373-4000.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Amy L.
Assistant Manager/ Director of Sales
Best Western Plus I-90/I-35 Hotel
Albert Lea, Minnesota 56007
Tele:507-373-4000
Fax:507-373-4001

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is showing it age, especially in the hallways and bathrooms. Lots of dings and dents in the drywall. The bathrooms need work and to be cleaned in more detail.
The saving grace of this place is the staff. Nicole, a night clerk, was amazing and welcoming. She made us feel like we were friends that she hadn't seen in a while.
The other big plus was the bed. My husband and both slept wonderfully.

• Stayed: November 2013
Amy L, Assistant Manager/Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

On behalf of the team at Best Western Plus of Albert Lea, I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and we will be using your feedback to better the future experience for you and other future guest's as well. We are in the mists of changing our appearance as well as undergoing a more implemented deep cleaning process. If you are ever in the area again, please reconsider our brand again to give you a superior experience. If there is anything I could do for you please call me anytime. Thanks again for your feedback.

Amy Luna
Best Western Plus I-90/I-35 Hotel
Albert Lea, Minnesota 56007
Tele: 507-373-4000
Fax: 507-373-4001

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed there on a trip to Texas, from Minnesota and found it was a very nice motel, was convenient to I-35 and on I-90. It was quiet, clean, and service was friendly. They helped us find a restaurant. We stayed there again on the return trip. The price was reasonable. The breakfast was great, with lots of choices, hot and cold. Excellent heating/cooling system in the rooom.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Albert Lea
Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center

Been to Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel? Share your experiences!