“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Albert Lea
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Comfortable beds, Shower full and hot, Personnel friendly and helpful, Quite AC, Clean, Tall ceilings, Express check out. Got a great recommendation for a late dinner. See referral for China Restaurant..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm also happy you enjoyed your dinner at the China Restaurant. We really do have some nice places to recommend to our guests for dinner choices. You mentioned comfy beds, hot shower and friendly staff, and I appreciate that, but that's just all of us doing our jobs (which we love) , everyday. Thanks for taking the time to write about us, we really do appreciate it. Come again and stay with us!
Julie Sternhagen, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Talmoon, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was a nice hotel with great service. The location is close to major highway, food and shopping. Downtown and points of interest are within an easy drive. The hotel staff were great! We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you're coming back again. That's what we want every guest to say after staying. We look forward to your return.
West Michigan
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night while passing thru town. Front desk clerks was one of the friendliest people I have encountered. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome.
The room was very clean and nicely appointed. The beds were so comfortable with tons of pillows. Nice flat screen tv,microwave, apartment sized fridge and keurig coffee maker.
The free breakfast included eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, make it yourself waffles, bagels, breads, pastries, cereal, fruit and yogurt plus juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Would defiantly stay again if I were in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You mentioned many things that you liked about your stay, including our full, hot breakfast, which I think is the superior breakfast around. The best part of your review for us was when you said you'd come back, because that really says it all. We look forward to your returning to be our guest. Thanks again.
Onalaska, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very well trained staff. The customer is the most important thing to everyone. Good value, clean and well located right off of the freeway. Shopping, entertainment and several dining options within a short radius. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Mike S
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at our hotel. I am really pleased that you mentioned my fantastic front desk staff. I believe they are simply the "BEST". I see everyday how they go above and beyond for each and every guest. I assume they all love their jobs, to do them so well.
Thanks again and we all look forward to your next stay, Julie Sternhagen, GM
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here recently on the way to and back from Wisconsin. Great rates, friendly desk staff, rooms where nice and clean. Desk staff helped find a place to eat late at night and were helpful with making reservations. Will stay here again next year while traveling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marie L
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay. I know you mentioned the cleanliness of the guest rooms. My housekeeping staff just won another "excellence in housekeeping" award from Best Western International. I am very proud of the job they do here everyday and for every guest. Thanks again and be sure to stay again when in the area.
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent Hotel! We stayed here for the first time overnight for a Quinceañera. We were very impressed with the hotel. The staff was very professional and informative. The room was very comfortable and a good size. The bathroom was also a very good size, not like other hotels where you have to squeeze in to close the door. There was a Keurig in the room. We did not have a chance to enjoy the pool or fitness room. Close to shopping and restaurant. Since the town is small, most places close early. My husband was hungry around 1230 am and Mcdonalds was closed, Applebee's wasn't serving food. He ended up buying some munchies at the grocery store.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pam G
I am so glad that you chose to stay at the Best Western PLUS when in Albert Lea, and also pleased that you found our hotel to your liking. I believe that my staff is simply the best. They go above and beyond everyday and for every guest. Thanks for staying and we look forward to seeing you again. Julie Sternhagen, GM
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here and stopped late at night. The staff was helpful, although he spoke a little two quickly and we had to have a few things repeated due to being tired. Beds were comfortable and the room was big. The breakfast was okay. The pastries were all individually wrapped in pre-packaged serving sizes--not the freshest. They had sausage patties for breakfast which were good, but the typical preformed egg 'omelet' that seems to be the norm nowadays at this level of hotel. It was super conveniently located to a liquor/convenience store and Appleby's--they shared the same parking lot. Conveniently located to the I-90/I-94 corridor and I-35, so heading into the Chicago area has many options.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank reiserclan
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We strive everyday to make sure that each guest have a superior experience, from my front desk staff to our complimentary hot, fresh breakfast. Please stay again soon, we'd love to have you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albert Lea
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Albert Lea
Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Austin

Been to Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel? Share your experiences!