“Nice for the price!”

Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Albert Lea
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a fairly new Best Western located just off I-90. The staff was helpful in giving directions to various places in town. They have a truly full breakfast: hard boiled and scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, 3 kinds of juice, cereal, toast and much more. There are a couple restaurants within walking distance. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The motel is pet friendly. Nice place to stay. If you come from the south take main and drive toward the lake to find Bridge Ave. From I-90, it is easy to find.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you have a pet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NebraskaPineknot
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. My friendly and helpful staff try very hard to give our guests a superior experience when staying with us, from our clean rooms, (our housekeeping staff just won an award from BW International for "excellence in housekeeping") to serving the BEST breakfast around. We welcome our four legged guests, and even have treats ready for their arrival. Please stay with us again when in the area. We look forward to it!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very clean. Very friendly staff. Quiet rooms, flat screen TV. Appeared to be newly updated. Within walking distance of Applebees. Has Kurig coffee makers in the room! Breakfast was good with a nice area. Easy on and easy off the highway with gas stations close by. We would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sc1949
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments on our hotel. We strive everyday to make your stay a great one, and we are so pleased when you are pleased. I think our breakfast is the best around, and yet we are always improving on it. Be sure you stop again and see what else we might be changing in the future. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Staff was courteous, complimentary breakfast was great with eggs, sausage, biscuit, gravy, yogurt, fruit, etc. Had a little trouble staying on the wireless internet on my laptop, but there was a computer in the lobby with printer; worked fine. The room had good furniture and decorations, large new TV, and a Keurig coffeemaker which was great. The bathtub was spotless. Best Western has always been the preferred place for us to stay when we travel and this one did not let us down. Restaurants and supermarket were within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you so much for writting such a nice review of our hotel. You hit on all the things that we strive so hard to provide our guests everyday. Clean rooms, good coffee, great breakfast, and a helpful, courteous staff to help you enjoy your stay. Please come to stay and be our guest again. We'd love to have you. Julie Sternhagen, GM

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Very, very friendly receptionist when we got there and a very nice room. My girlfriend and I stayed there for a night as a half way point between the Badlands and Chicago. It was nice that in the middle of nowhere (at least to city girls!) we experience zero prejudice for getting a room with just one king for the two of us. Always nice!
The room itself was very clean (as was the bathroom) and had a huge flat screen TV and mini fridge. The full breakfast that was provided in the lobby area in the morning was good - lots of options!
Nicest hotel I've stayed at for a while. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. We invite you back to stay with us anytime, and hope to always provide you with superior service. Julie Sternhagen, GM

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Pet friendly hotel with easy I-90 access. The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean. Staff was pleasant. Breakfast was decent...and free. Easy stay while passing through the area. The in-room coffee was delicious.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thanks for your review. You mentioned most of the things we are really proud of in our hotel. Our pet-friendly rooms are just as nice and clean as any other room in our hotel. Our breakfast is something that we keep improving by offering malted waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, hot & cold cereal, fresh fruit, and lots more. We recently added Keurig coffee makers in our guest rooms and feature 4-seasons coffee, our local coffee company. I invite you to come and visit us again, we'd love to have you!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed there during a cross country road trip and were pleased with the room, the furnishings, the quiet, and the cleanliness. The free breakfast was pretty good, with fresh fruit as well as other items.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank You for the nice review of our hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that, and for staying with us as our guest. We believe that we serve the BEST breakfast around. We are always adding items and trying to make it even better. We invite you to stay with us again when in the area. Thanks again,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just a nice clean hotel with a better continental breakfast than most. Great value.
Poor pillows like most so we bring our own. Large breakfast area.
Only complaint would be it has thin walls. We had a adjoining room door and could hear any conversation. Maybe try a upper floor or room without a adjoining door.

Room Tip: No adjoining rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank You for your review of our hotel. I too, always take my own pillows when staying at a hotel, but I'm wondering if you tried ours? We have wonderful pillows, and get compliments on them almost daily, even requests to purchase them. When you stay next time, please give them a try. We look forward to your return.
Julie Sternhagen, G.M.

Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Days Inn Austin
Days Inn Austin
#1 of 7 in Austin

Been to Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel? Share your experiences!