“Excellent overnight stop just off the I90”

Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Albert Lea
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Everything good. Bedroom, bathroom, free wi fi, efficiency of check in, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Extremely clean, air conditioning was very good and quiet.The breakfast was pretty standard for a free breakfast but helped by the charming lady organising it. ( sorry I didn't get your name, I hope you make it to the UK)
For me it had no faults as an overnight stop. Well done!

Room Tip: We had a room on the side of the hotel away from the freeway and there was no noise problem at all.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LlewllynBren
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. It is what we strive to provide to each and every guest. I invite you to stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very Welcoming Staff
We stayed one night here as we came across country. The room was spotlessly clean and the staff was very helpful. I give the hotel two thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bmorrette

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We try so hard to offer our a superior experience to all our guests who choose to stay with us. We have a helpful, reliable, and friendly staff, from the front desk to breakfast hostess' to housekeeping and I'm glad you found them deserving of "two thumbs up", so do I. Thanks again, see you next time!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We have made several trips out west from Chicago area and always end up stopping in Albert Lea because of the location (close to I-90 and I-35 and just about 6 hrs from home). This is the first time we stayed at this Best Western, based on the reputation of the chain and it's rank on Tripadvisor. Found the room to be small for 4 adults, to go with the small pool and exercise areas.
The breakfast area was also way too small; there was a baseball team and their families staying in the hotel and just took over the whole first floor-- ended up going outside to eat breakfast.
Clean and comfortable place to stay and staff was friendly and professional, but when the hotel is full you really realize you are not home yet.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip. We are conviently located a days drive from both Chicago and the Black Hills of South Dakota, which makes us very busy in the summer months. I agree that any hotel seems cramped when it's at full capacity, which is why we have added the outdoor patio area for breakfast guests as well as opening our meeting room for additional seating. Thank you for writing a review of our hotel, we really appreciate you taking the time. Hope to see you again on your way thru.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here recently on our trip out West. Room was very clean and comfortable and we enjoyed a nice breakfast the next morning. The rate for the room was also very reasonable and the front desk staff was very efficient and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mitravelinfamily_10
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we really appreciate everyone who takes the time to do this. We have upgraded the breakfast at our hotel in the last month and now have malted waffles everyday, one regular and one flavored, like blueberry, apple cinammon, etc. and our guests really seem to enjoy them. Our housekeeping staff is superior and does a GREAT job of keeping our rooms and the entire hotel clean. They just recieved the "excellence in housekeeping" award from Best Western International during our last inspection. I am very proud of each and every one of them. Thank you again and please come and be our guest when in the area again.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is an OK place. Clean with a good breakfast but nothing special. The pool and exercise room are very small. Beds were good. I’d stay here again if I was passing through.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mukoy
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We will be adding malted and flavored waffles to our breakfast bar soon and just finished renovating this part of our hotel and it looks awesome. Be sure to stay with us again and see all the upgrades that are still happening here.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Stayed here twice now and everyone I have meet who works here has been friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and nice, however, my only complaint was the king bed in my room the second time I stayed here was probably needing to be replaced, but I still slept good.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank spokanecougar
jsternhagen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We really do take pride in our clean rooms and our housekeeping staff always goes above and beyond. We were just presented with the Directors Award from Best Western International for having such a high score on our last inspection. Please stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I stopped here on our way across the country for the holidays. They allowed pets in a limited number of rooms for $20 extra -- nice that they had a few rooms for pets and left the others pet-free for other customers. Beds were nice and rooms well appointed for under a hundred bucks: clean newer linens, flat screen tv, nice furniture. We arrived late in the evening on a very cold night and the young man staffing the front desk was light-hearted, friendly, and helpful. Despite being in a room facing the interstate I don't recall hearing a thing in terms of traffic - slept like a baby. Typical light breakfast bar was available in the morning that included cereal, coffee/juice, muffins, bagels, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. Not too shabby and glad we stopped here instead of picking something a little cheaper and likely a lot grungier. Thanks much Albert Lea Best Western!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jestoo

Thank you so much for your awesome review of the Best Western Plus. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, and you taking the time out of your busy life to write one. I invite you to stay again when in the Albert Lea area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Albert Lea
Comfort Inn
#3 of 10 in Albert Lea
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Northwood

Been to Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel? Share your experiences!