Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35
$85
ComfortInn
Countryside Inn(Albert Lea)
$45
Motel 6 Albert Lea(Albert Lea)
$61
$49
Priceline
$93
$85
Great 4.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront deskexercise roomgreat bedgluten free muffinstruck stoproom was cleanquiet nightcinnamon rollsthe usual farewarm cookiesstay at this hotel againa great staycomplimentary breakfastreasonable ratesvery nice hotelstaff was very friendlywould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here in mid-January 2014....check in was fast and easy....Front Desk Agent Courtney was the most friendly and knowledgeable agent I've come across in awhile....there was a kids hockey team staying there but she and management made sure they were staying in the two lower floors. We were given an junior suite....it was great....the rooms were clean and modern....the breakfast was good (warm food)....quiet night's sleep.....location was good (right off interstate)...about 5 minute drive from local restaurants and bars....bar across the street is interesting....it's at a truck stop but don't let that deter you, it's not a bad place to have a beer or two....recommend this place to others....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cactus7
General_Manager4712, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We love having our Sports team guests, but we understand that sometimes that can conflict with the needs of our other guests. Our team works hard to make sure that we meet the needs of all our guests and I am so happy to hear that we got it right!

We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to the Albert Lea area!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We've stayed in several HIE's and this was, as usual, a well kept-up and welcoming place, with all the usual amenities. The difference this time was the (unscheduled) night we stayed there was during a full blown blizzard. Casey at the front desk was accommodating and unfailingly friendly, even under the duress of a full house and needing to negotiate emergency digs for some travelers. She even stayed overnight at the hotel to make it all happen. A cozy, warm, friendly place to get out of the storm. Our only reservation (so to speak) was the presence of two little dogs with their owners prominently walking around the breakfast nook. Didn't need that.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrianK609

Thank you for writing us a review. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us despite the terrible blizzard! I will make sure to pass on your comments to Caycee and the rest of the staff. As a team we work hard to ensure that every guest enjoys their time here from check-in to check-out. If your travels bring you to the Albert Lea area again, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We came up to stay a few weeks ago to visit our grandson and I can not say enough about this beautiful hotel that he picked for us to stay in. We were worried when we checked in that we wouldnt get any sleep because the lobby had a few groups of kids all sitting around. Apparently there was a big hockey group in that weekend. But I was so happy that when Carlene at the desk checked us in she put us on the 3rd floor (top floor) which was a floor with no hockey team. It was so quiet and there wasn't even any running above us since we were the top floor. Carlene was so helpful and even though she was so busy running around we made us feel so special and like we were the most important guests there.

The next morning, the front desk was even nice enogh to tell us when they expected all the hockey players to come down for breakfast so we could eat before they came down.

WE can't complain, beautiful hotel, clean rooms and good hot breakfast. We will be back to Albert Lea and we will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express again!!! See you soon friends :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill F

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write us such a glowing review! Thank you. I am happy to hear that Karlene was able to meet all of your needs. I will make sure the pass the compliment again to her. She is an invaluable employee and we are lucky to have her!

Thank you again for being our guests and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

While newer, this was pretty much your typical Holiday Inn Express. The newer decor is definitely a step in the right direction for the brand. However, the HIE breakfast is pretty unappealing at every location. The room seemed fairly clean, but the elevator and hallway needed vacuumed. It looked like the areas near the wall hadn't been touched in months. I also noticed the front desk was frequently left unattended. The staff I did interact with were very friendly. There was nothing but truck stops nearby. I stayed here to avoid the drive into the Twin Cities after a meeting nearby. I wish I would've just kept driving. At the same time it does seem to be the best option if you have to stay in the area and don't have the option of going further North.

Stayed: December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear ekaty,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities are superior
and I regret you found our overall level of cleanliness, less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us with a valuable feedback.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 22, 2013

New Hotel, very surprised by how bad the water smells. So Bad I would not use it. Didn't even take a shower due to it. I had a bottle of water I brought with that I used to get rid of my bed head and brush my teeth with, Thank God it was a weekend and I didn't have a business meeting that morning, What is even more surprising is, when I checked out I wanted to make sure they new it. And she floored me when she said yes all rooms have the issue and its the cities fault. If you know your water is unusable, why would you not warn people at check in and then have bottled water available in the rooms? Just overall bad experience!

Also, the desk clerks both checking in and out, are very hard to get ahold of. Seems like they like to hide out in the back room. They should get a bell or something so you don't have to yell for them like I did.

Stairwells also need to be vacuumed once in awhile

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We are so sorry that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us due to several inconveniences you encountered. We are working diligently with the city and other networks to fix the sulfur smell of our water, although completely safe to drink we understand it is unpleasant and unsettling. We will also be working with our team to ensure that they are at the desk for when our guests neeed them. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your feedback, it is always a value.