Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35
$45
$100
$90
BestWestern.com
Motel 6 Albert Lea(Albert Lea)
$66
$53
Comfort Inn(Albert Lea)
$110
$99
ComfortInn
$98
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront deskexercise roomgreat bedgluten free muffinstruck stoproom was cleanquiet nightcinnamon rollsthe usual farewarm cookiesstay at this hotel againa great staycomplimentary breakfastreasonable ratesvery nice hotelstaff was very friendlywould definitely stay here again
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

While newer, this was pretty much your typical Holiday Inn Express. The newer decor is definitely a step in the right direction for the brand. However, the HIE breakfast is pretty unappealing at every location. The room seemed fairly clean, but the elevator and hallway needed vacuumed. It looked like the areas near the wall hadn't been touched in months. I also noticed the front desk was frequently left unattended. The staff I did interact with were very friendly. There was nothing but truck stops nearby. I stayed here to avoid the drive into the Twin Cities after a meeting nearby. I wish I would've just kept driving. At the same time it does seem to be the best option if you have to stay in the area and don't have the option of going further North.

Stayed: December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear ekaty,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities are superior
and I regret you found our overall level of cleanliness, less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us with a valuable feedback.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 22, 2013

New Hotel, very surprised by how bad the water smells. So Bad I would not use it. Didn't even take a shower due to it. I had a bottle of water I brought with that I used to get rid of my bed head and brush my teeth with, Thank God it was a weekend and I didn't have a business meeting that morning, What is even more surprising is, when I checked out I wanted to make sure they new it. And she floored me when she said yes all rooms have the issue and its the cities fault. If you know your water is unusable, why would you not warn people at check in and then have bottled water available in the rooms? Just overall bad experience!

Also, the desk clerks both checking in and out, are very hard to get ahold of. Seems like they like to hide out in the back room. They should get a bell or something so you don't have to yell for them like I did.

Stairwells also need to be vacuumed once in awhile

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We are so sorry that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us due to several inconveniences you encountered. We are working diligently with the city and other networks to fix the sulfur smell of our water, although completely safe to drink we understand it is unpleasant and unsettling. We will also be working with our team to ensure that they are at the desk for when our guests neeed them. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your feedback, it is always a value.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our GPS had trouble finding this location. I don't know why since it's very easy to get to right off of I-35. The hotel was clean and a good, quiet place to spend the night. We had traveled alot of miles that day and was pretty road weary. We were a little concerned that all the truck stops around the hotel would make it unpleasant but we never heard a truck after we got in our room. The breakfast was very basic, like most of the hotels that offer free breakfast. I will compliment the staff on the fact that there was an attendant keeping the breakfast area clean at all times.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank acdcOklahoma
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

We are so sorry that the GPS system could not find our hotel for you. We are noticing that even after being open for a year there are still many systems and websites that are unable to find us. We will continue to work with them so others do not run into the same problems. Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had a great stay the bed was so comfortable, the room was very clean and the motel must be new, since you can still smell the new smell in the stairs. Our GPS had problems finding the motel to, so the best thing to do is set it for the Loves travel stop, since the motel is just next door. We were happy it was far enough from the freeway that you hear no traffic noise and that is a big plus for me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkm49
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We have now been open for about one year and really hope to keep the property looking and feeling new for many years to come. Thank you for taking the time from your day to give your feedback.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express (Albert Lea I-35) is a nice place to stay if you want to avoid a more grueling Chicago or Milwaukee to Rapid City trip in one day. Albert Lea is a good start that allows one to get to Rapid City on day 2, with reasonable stops in Mitchell South Dakota for the World's only Corn Palace and the Badlands loop/Wall drug, without feeling overly burnt out from driving.

This hotel offers a reasonable breakfast (included) and a small but nice pool and exercise room. Our room was clean and the staff particularly friendly - especially the woman who hustled to keep the breakfast items fresh.

While not right off of I 90, the hotel is a very short distance from the I 35 exit towards Des Moines. I would not hesitate to make this hotel your go to place on your way to the wild west.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mws58
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to others. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was able to accommodate. If in our area again we hope that you will stay again.