“Holiday Inn”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Albert Lea
Livingston, Texas, United States
“Holiday Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just what you expect from a Holiday Inn, Clean, Decent service, Fair room at a Fair price. Nothing special about the hotel or the city to add to the review. If you have to be in the area then the Holiday Inn is a Place to stay. Dont want to ruin it and tell you all to stay here because Ive done that in other places and couldnt book a room the next time I went back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback from your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wisconsin Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We got caught in a freak May snowstorm and this was the closest hotel. We were grateful just to get a room, but were so glad it was at this hotel! It was recently built and was so clean and tastefully decorated. The desk attendants were so friendly, even when a rude guest was yelling at them for being unprepared for a freak snowstorm! Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies when we arrived were great. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept on at at hotel! And the spa had the most powerful jets - felt great after a long day of travel. I would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend this hotel if you're in this area.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Barney K
General_Manager4712, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albert Lea. I cannot wait to share this with the teammembers, I know this was a tough day for many of them. We hope to see you again if you are in our area. The snow is starting to melt in the sun today.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here as I was traveling south. The hotel is like most Holiday Inn Expresses: it is nice, clean, and comfortable. I really don't have any complaints. I am not sure what people are talking about with upgrades? I walked in without reservations and they gave me a king size bed, and I am assuming that most rooms are similar with refrigerators, microwaves, and Internet.

I was greeted when I arrived and the hotel staff seemed friendly. Additionally, there was a nice/ normal continental breakfast. I did notice the sulfur thing, but that is not a big deal, I just drank bottled water. I did not smell it when I was showering or washing my face. I noticed it when I was about to brush my teeth and thought to use bottle water. No big deal, sometimes, things are not in the control of the hotel.

Overall, no issues, and everything was pleasant and smooth. I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank LOVETHEBEACHES1
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albert Lea and appreciate all the wonderful words you shared. In regards to the sulfur smell we have been able to pinpoint where it is coming from and are working diligently to rectify the situation. We do understand that it is a inconvenience for our guests and want to fix as soon as we can. We hope that you will stay with us again if you are in our area. Hope you enjoy what should be a warmer spring.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I was passing through on a business trip and decided to stay here for a night. My room was clean and had no issues at all. The facility seemed new with a lot of great features. The breakfast was pretty good as well. I will defiantly stay here again if the opportunity presents itself.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Richie21
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites.You guessed right that we are a new property and are excited for every guest that finds us and has a enjoyable stay. We hope that you find yourself in our again. Sherri Stencel
Pima
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Pros:
Quite, new, clean, great internet speed and offer of water if your Platinum
Cons:
Hotel staff does not care about your status no up grade period, your profile has no bearing on what room you receive, good luck finding someone at the front desk when you arrive. Several issues with the Television (cable) while I was staying there.

Room Tip: Dont ask for any other room that the hotel gives you
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob K
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, I want to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you faced during your stay. It is common practice for our teammembers to upgrade all platinum members when available and I do beleive there should have been availability during your stay. We will work with the front desk team to make sure this is executed properly. Our cable tv did go down through out the night and extended into the morning hours; some parts of the hotel cable was functioning well, while others went down completely. Our cable provider was on site that day and has assured us it should not occur again. I hope that you will one day try us again. Sherri Stencel
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure what was on the third floor but it smelled really bad. I've had better tasting water while visiting in Mexico. The room was very over priced at $119 plus tax. Nobody was available at the front desk to let inform about the sewer smell and bad water. Other than that the stay was pretty decent.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Purrplehelmet
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback from your stay at the Holiday Inn Exress and Suites. The smell on third floor and the unpleasant water taste we have determined is from sulfur in the city water line. The city is taking steps to correct this for us. We have had it tested on numerous occasions and it is safe to drink and bathe in. We understand your concern and are trying to resolve it quickly. I hope to see you again if you return to the area. Sherri Stencel
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Convenient location right off Interstate. Ample parking on-site. New facility with clean comfortable room. Breakfast was good with a good variety of choices. Desk staff was friendly and helped with local restaurant choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank BDgolfer
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again. Sherri Stencel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albert Lea
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Days Inn Austin
Days Inn Austin
#1 of 7 in Austin

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35? Share your experiences!