“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Albert Lea
Davenport
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Worked with me on pricing, upon evening arrival was greeted warmly, kids were offered a cookie! The pool was warm, clean and ready to go. The room was clean, beds were comfortable. TV was newer and staff was responsive to all requests.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We reserved 3 rooms for a wedding, and everything went perfectly. We got a great price, we were given a different confirmation for each room, and the rooms were ready when we arrived. The rooms are typical rooms for size, but what the 7 of us enjoyed was that they had a microwave and refrigerator in each room and the beds were super comfy. My sister wanted to keep the mattress as it was the best she's ever slept on. The continental breakfast was a plus as they had a full array of items including waffle, sausage, bacon, biscuits, fruit, cereal and all the usuals. If you don't have kids ask to stay in the back hallway as the area around and above the pool is more noisy (we were in room 123 and it was very quiet). The rooms were clean and the ac worked great. This hotel was close to many restaurants as well. The only 2 cons are that the bathroom is sort of small and they stopped serving breakfast at 10.

Room Tip: Great family hotel, ask to be away from pool if you want quieter room, comes with refrigerator and m...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Eagle Grove
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very disappointed -- we have stayed in many AmericInn properties -- this is the worst EVER!!!!! We were treated with disrespect at the front desk - the room smelled badly -- the bed was overly hard - and we were not given the room we requested via direct calling to the property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

1 Thank Andrea L
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My family and I were moving from MI to WA and we stopped here for a break after driving 15 hours with two kids, two dogs and two cats. Susie at the front desk gabe us treats for the dogs and even made sure we had a first floor room when she saw my husband walking with his cane. The room was clean and comfortable. The indoor pool was amazing after all of that time in a car. The lobby even had free snacks for the kids. They have a traditional continental breakfast with do it yoursrlf waffles. If all AmericInns are like this one we will definately be back.

• Stayed June 2014
Junction City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great hotel with wonderful staff...super warm pool and the lady working the front desk late sat evening around 9 when we checked in was amazing.
The pool was super warm and welcoming even for my youngest girl

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Cold Spring, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel before and had a great experience but this time was a little different. It started out well but changed. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very good employee by the name of Deb she was delightful. When I got to my room there was no Kleenex in the container. I walked down and got a new one. Then the light next to the bed went out and needed to be replaced. Later when I wanted to take a shower there was no hot water. I walk down and talk to a new employee that was working and she said she was aware that there was no hot water. She then said she had called the manager and maybe she would come down and check it. I said maybe? Hotel and you really need to have someone take care of the hot water problem. Later that evening the hot water was fixed. I was just disappointed in my stay this time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin B
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Sheets were clean and room was OK, although Wifi didn't work and hall carpet was very dirty with spilled food. If I'd known the Wifi was down I wouldn't have stopped here, as I need it for work. They only had one girl at the desk at night and maybe she couldn't handle it all by herself. But I was tired and so I tolerated it and moved on early the next morning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Austin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Northwood

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Albert Lea? Share your experiences!