“Super stay !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Albert Lea
Cold Spring, Minnesota
“Super stay !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip in October and because of that stay, here I am again in November. Great service, great room! Very clean and a wonderful shower . Just a few reasons why I made sure I came back!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Kevin B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mount Olive
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love staying at AmericInn when I travel. I have had very good luck with them so far, and the AmericInn in Albert Lea is no exception. My wife and I stayed there on our way to Fargo, North Dakota and enjoyed it so much that I booked another room for our trip back to Illinois. The lady on the desk when we checked in, was very nice, friendly, and polite, as was the lady who checked us out the next morning. They both made us feel welcomed and at home. The room was clean, and that is a big plus. My wife being a retired head housekeeper with another chain always checks over the room as soon as we check in and she was well pleased with our room. So she was happy and that made me happy. We did have a queen bed on our first nights stay and we are use to our king bed at home so we requested a king for the night we stayed there on our way back from North Dakota. The breakfast area was clean and well maintained. Nice selection of breakfast items. Everything was very good. Coffee was good and that made my morning much better also. Yes, I would recommend staying here if you are ever traveling through the area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and it was nice and quit.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Papa Penn
Cold Spring, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I booked two rooms and both rooms were newly remodeled. Everything was so nice, for an older building they did a great job. The shower was excellent but had a small amount of mold in the corner and the air vent in the bathroom had a lot of dust all over it. But for the price you could not beat it! Also the staff was great with their service and the smell of fresh popcorn made us feel right at home. The wifi connection worked great and very much appreciated. Really it was a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Kevin B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Friendly, clean, convenient, with good breakfast choices. The desk clerk was really helpful, especially when we had reserved for the wrong month -- she searched until she found us and cancelled that reservation and gave us a perfect room on the first floor. She couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The room was great -- very quiet and a great way to start our trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 12GoThere2
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We loved this room! We got our two favorite amenities in the same room--jacuzzi and fireplace. It was even chilly enough to justify using the fireplace, although my husband had it cranked up so high that I later turned on the air conditioning or I wouldn't have been able to sleep. The room was spacious and the furnishings were nice. I liked having a gas fireplace--on and off with a switch of a button and voila! None of that having to try to actually build an old-fashioned fire stuff; we're city folk. We don't BUILD fires; we push buttons for them! Anyway, we enjoyed the room immensely. The only downside was that the TV channel guide provided by the hotel totally didn't match the actual channels on the TV. Since the Olympics were still going on, we were frantically switching channels trying to find the correct channel after we realized how inaccurate the channel guide was. We called the front desk and the clerk was no help. The guide said NBC was something like channel 10 or 12, and we finally found it on channel 112. That was really annoying and could be easily fixed. Otherwise, everything was great. Breakfast was the typical expanded continental.

Room Tip: Get the jacuzzi and fireplace room if you can!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank patty49er
Boone, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

we were running back from dinner in pouring down rain & the very nice young lady at the front desk was waiting at the front door with towels for all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank robert d
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We've stayed here before on our trips between northern Wisconsin and Phoenix. It's a clean, quiet, reasonably priced place. We'll probably be back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Austin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Northwood

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Albert Lea? Share your experiences!