“all wet”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Albert Lea
Boone, Iowa
“all wet”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

we were running back from dinner in pouring down rain & the very nice young lady at the front desk was waiting at the front door with towels for all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank robert d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We've stayed here before on our trips between northern Wisconsin and Phoenix. It's a clean, quiet, reasonably priced place. We'll probably be back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
LaCrosse
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I pulled up yesterday afternoon cold and soaking wet, I requested a room fortunately Deb the attendant was willing to get my wallet out of my pants. She basically did everything she could including opening my room and telling me to take a warm shower. I just suffered from hypothermia. I just want to thank the staff for helping me out so much. Think I will hold off on going long distances on motorcycle in the spring.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Janesville, Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at the Americinn in Albert Lea for my grandchild's birthday. We rented the party room by the pool and then stayed the night in the king/whirlpool/fireplace room. The room was very clean and nice. The hotel was full of hockey players and by 10 oclock was quiet enough to sleep well. The room for the birthday party was a little small but worked well for all of us. The breakfast in the morning served its purpose and we were on our way. Nice stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed when there were some hockey teams in town. The party room was already booked but we had been told the breakfast book was first come first serve. We had waited for the team to leave and we came down to set up, in the middle of our gathering we were forced to leave because the hockey moms wanted the area again. They gave food to the front desk girl, and proceeded to take over the area. While the parents were chatting and drinking the children ran through the halls playing tag, and playing hockey with ice cubes.
There was no respect for the other guest in the hotel, the hotel staff did not ask the children to be quiet through the entire night.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Fishes12
alamericinn, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Albert Lea, responded to this review, January 23, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. On behalf of our hotel I deeply and sincerely apologize that you were treated the way you were while staying at our hotel. I would like to inform you that since your stay we have put new rules for any gourps that stay with us to insure that this wont happen again. Further more we hope you will give us another chance to show you the great customer service that we have today and give you the great experience and respect that you should have gotten in the beginning.

~Nicole~
GM
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Reviewed November 19, 2011

The biggest complaint with the hotel is that the plastic key cards used to get into your room seldom work at all. We had 2 rooms with 2 keys each and we were at the front desk constantly getting new ones, recoding the existing ones, etc. A couple of times, the front desk asked what date we were checking out, like the keys had already expired. (We were only there for 2 nights!)

The queen bed I slept in sagged noticeably in the middle, but I got an 'OK' night's sleep. Complimentary breakfast was better than average with make-your-own egg, sausage, and cheese sandwiches one morning and biscuits and gravy the next. Included usual fare of cereals, pastry, fruit, juice, coffee, and make-your-own waffles.

The best thing about ANY AmericInn is their ability to stop noise and we found that to be true as usual. We had an adjoining room with my son and his 2 small daughters, and we never heard them after we closed the door for the evening, and never heard any other guests.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Very nice hotel. I only stayed one night but it was comfortable and clean. very nice swimming pool. A special thanks to Breanna. I have stayed in many hotels and Breanna was one of the nicest that i have met. thanks again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Austin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Northwood

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Albert Lea? Share your experiences!