“Awesome hotel and restaurant!!”

Big Island Grille & Bar
Ranked #25 of 57 Restaurants in Albert Lea
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Do not hesitate to stay here. Great food, comfy rooms and awesome people working there! This is our 3rd time staying and with the new courtyard the stay was even better!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We happened to be in Albert Lea on a Wednesday when the special was any burger (some quite fancy) for $5.00. We both thought the burgers were good and a great value. The salad bar with soup was also attractive. Locals must appreciate the restaurant as well because it was surprisingly crowded for an establishment attached to a hotel. The service, although friendly enough, was only average and on the slow side.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I love the food here, I never have a problem with the taste, quality, or size. On the other hand I have been there when it's busy and the service was slow, inconsistent, and just horrible. I have been there when it was slow and had great service but at some times service is pretty bad. When I say service was bad I'm talking about not getting a beverage right away or they forget what drink I ordered, they never came to check to see if our food was ok, they disapear for 15 minutes so my drink is sitting empty while I'm trying to eat my meal, and at times if I don't ask for the check I don't get it. One day it took 30 minutes to get the check, pay, and get our change back and there was only 3 other customers in the resteraunt with us. Over all this is my favorite place in town and I am a rewards card member. I just think they need to train their waiters/waitresses better.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The food is great! Homemade and very reasonablely priced. Love the hand cut steaks! My family loves to come spend the night and go swimming and enjoy the awesome complimentary breakfast in the morning also! Great service--everyone is so friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had the opportunity this week to enjoy a fresh taco special, and it was bursting with flavor. The food was ready in minutes and their staff makes you feel like you are right at home. Their relaxed atmosphere allows you to take a needed break in your day! I highly recommend their restaurant! Andrew Thilges