“Local”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Albert Lea, Minnesota, United States
“Local”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I love the food here, I never have a problem with the taste, quality, or size. On the other hand I have been there when it's busy and the service was slow, inconsistent, and just horrible. I have been there when it was slow and had great service but at some times service is pretty bad. When I say service was bad I'm talking about not getting a beverage right away or they forget what drink I ordered, they never came to check to see if our food was ok, they disapear for 15 minutes so my drink is sitting empty while I'm trying to eat my meal, and at times if I don't ask for the check I don't get it. One day it took 30 minutes to get the check, pay, and get our change back and there was only 3 other customers in the resteraunt with us. Over all this is my favorite place in town and I am a rewards card member. I just think they need to train their waiters/waitresses better.

• Visited May 2013

Albert Lea, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place! Great people!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The food is great! Homemade and very reasonablely priced. Love the hand cut steaks! My family loves to come spend the night and go swimming and enjoy the awesome complimentary breakfast in the morning also! Great service--everyone is so friendly and helpful.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sarah T
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
“A Great Way to Spend Lunch”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had the opportunity this week to enjoy a fresh taco special, and it was bursting with flavor. The food was ready in minutes and their staff makes you feel like you are right at home. Their relaxed atmosphere allows you to take a needed break in your day! I highly recommend their restaurant! Andrew Thilges

• Visited April 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great home cooked food at reasonable prices. If you stay at the hotel attached you get a complmentary breakfast. Great to see locals comming to a hotel bar/resturant. Not something you see often!

Visited April 2013
Albert Lea, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly, Accomodating & Affordable!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Big Island Grille is definitely one of my favorites! The food is always fresh with generous portions. The staff of the hotel and restaurant are very accomodating when a mistake is made and the price of the food is excellent when considering how good it is! My personal favorite is the HUGE shrimp or the $5 burger night! If you are in the Albert Lea area, be sure to try Big Island!

• Visited March 2013