“Good Food and Friendly Service”

Big Island Grille & Bar
Ranked #25 of 57 Restaurants in Albert Lea
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I are have enjoyed this restaurant for at least 3 years! There is a variety of appetizers , menu choices, nightly specials, and a nice selection of items on the soup and salad bar. Prices are very reasonable too!

1  Thank MarieDG

Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's pretty rare that locals choose to eat at a hotel restaurant--but this is the exception. The food has been consistently good, and you will usually find the locals going to the restaurant for their nightly specials--especially the $5 burger nights. These aren't just ordinary burgers--Mushroom & Swiss, Black & Blue, Bacon & Cheese, and California are some examples.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We enjoyed Big Island Grille & Bar. Service was friendly and the food was good. Prices were reasonable too.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were on our way from NE to MN and we wanted to watch the presidential debate so we had to stop somewhere with a tv, good food and kind enough to let us watch the debate with loud volume.
We got turned down by many restaurants that either did not want to play politics on tv or that offered subtitles as the max they could do.
This restaurant was almost empty so the manager told us that exceptionally he was going to turn one tv screen on the debate.
We went for the wings special (i had the super hot ones boneless while my associate had the regular fried with a blue cheese dip) and we liked them A LOT !
They offered a nice draft beer we never tried before and we were satisfied by that too.
The price was acceptable for the quality offered and the bathroom was clean
All in all, i would not mind stopping there again should i be in the same route

1  Thank Marco R
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I came into the bar sat down and waited 5 minutes for someone to help me. A kind waitress came and helped me stating that the bartender must be on a smoke break! He is now sitting next to me eating and has turned off the radio and is watching law and order(after turning the t.v. off the show I was watching ,sports center,without even asking if I was watching) with the the show blaring thru the surround sound. Alittle diapointed! Hope management reads this!

1  Thank Jlh4427