“excellent”

Iron Skillet & Skol Tavern
Ranked #19 of 57 Restaurants in Albert Lea
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Buffet
Description: The Viking themed atmosphere and aroma of the Iron Skillet Restaurant & Skol Tavern will amaze the whole family! Open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Full menu, plus breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. Variety of meats cooked on the areas only wood fire rotisserie. Located at Exit 11 on I-35 in in Trail's Travel Center, Albert Lea, MN.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

They have since changed the name of this restaurant so I don't know if they will be offering the same selection but this particular restaurant had ribs to die for.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've eaten at the Trails restaurant twice and enjoyed my meal (both breakfasts) both times. The prices aren't bad and the food is great considering its part of a truck stop. The waitress was really nice and helpful even though we customized our meals with substitutions and subtractions (I don't like peppers). I'd recommend the bacon, I usually love bacon so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone but I do love their bacon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Traveling back from Des Moines, we stopped at the truck stop in Albert Lea, Minnesota for a bite to eat. We were able to sit down immediately, and were visited promptly by a server offering beverages.

The menu has diverse offerings, but breakfast was looking particularly inviting. There was lots of food for the price, and all of it has good flavor. The dogs were happy too when they got their share of the generous portions in a take-away container.

Lots of things to see inside the store front. Clothes, tourist items, purses, collectibles and more for spending extra money. You'll be able to fill up your fuel tank there too, and the prices seemed pretty reasonable.

If you are in more of a hurry, there is a McDonald's (both drive-through and inside counter service), Cold Stone Creamery and Pizza Hut inside. Also on the lot is a Comfort Inn.

I would stop here again based on this experience.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were pleased with the food, prices, and service at Trails Travel Center. Soup and salad bar perfect for those on the go. We took a little more time and really enjoyed the broasted chicken. The Center was clean with a "gift" shop area (think Cracker Barrel) and a fast food restaurant. All in all, a good experience if you can do without high end atmosphere.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The restaurant has great food and good service. The restaurant is in a great location and is very clean. We would eat there again.

1  Thank JESmokey